Virginia

Don't know if it's been posted yet but I just heard through the grapevine that the Gilmanor chicken swap is going to be Sept 15th.

OH YEAH
ya.gif
OH YEAH

Don't know if I'll be getting any babies this time but I'm DEFINITELY going again.

I am in Middlesex Co right next door to Gloucester
frow.gif

Are you on the "local livestock" page on FB? I think I've seen your name pop up on there. We'll just have to become friends - because nobody understands my chicken obsession :)

I'm sad today, ya'll... look what got my baby :( This is what I keep my 6 babies in, they range from 2 months to 4 months. My silkies have mothered my smaller ones since day one. I came outside to let the bigger chickens free range my yard, while they do that we let the smaller ones play in the coop/run all day. I found this guy, he ate my 2 month of calico cochin Buttercup. So my pistol "ate" him.
hit.gif

Are you on the "local livestock" page on FB? I think I've seen your name pop up on there. We'll just have to become friends - because nobody understands my chicken obsession :)

I'm sad today, ya'll... look what got my baby :( This is what I keep my 6 babies in, they range from 2 months to 4 months. My silkies have mothered my smaller ones since day one. I came outside to let the bigger chickens free range my yard, while they do that we let the smaller ones play in the coop/run all day. I found this guy, he ate my 2 month of calico cochin Buttercup. So my pistol "ate" him.
hit.gif

OH GEEZ!!! I am so sorry!!! I lost an OEGB and my almost grown Cochin to a hawk. So sad!! I also let my older chickens out to free range during the day and I used to let the smaller ones out into the pen while they were out in the yard. Now I have the door to the chick pen fixed so it is open only wide enough for my small ones to get in. I also have a couple of places they can run into if need be. In addition, I started leaving the oor to the big pen open so they can actually get out in the yard, too. The smallest ones I have out there are now almost 2 months old, but I have been doing this since they were about 6 weeks old.

hit.gif

Yup that's me
wee.gif
Send me a friend request

Sorry to hear about the snake I had a huge one in my coop but lucky for me he choose eggs over my babies he met the end of a hoe and then was relocated to my hog pen. I have some extra Calico Cockerel if you are interested
Are you going to the Gloucester TSC swap Saturday? I will be there so come by and say hi
frow.gif

Yup that's me
wee.gif
Send me a friend request

Sorry to hear about the snake I had a huge one in my coop but lucky for me he choose eggs over my babies he met the end of a hoe and then was relocated to my hog pen. I have some extra Calico Cockerel if you are interested
Are you going to the Gloucester TSC swap Saturday? I will be there so come by and say hi
frow.gif

I will be there, are you bringing chickens??? You know what, did you have EE's, cochins, dominiques & turkeys at the last swap???

Back
Top Bottom