Virginia

looking forward to an actual update if/when someone gets it please?

i really want to go this fall.
Gillmanor swap is definitely going to be on Sept 15. It's confirmed. This is the biggest chicken swap in the state. If you're looking for it, your best bet is you'll find it here. I'll be there with some heritage Rhode Island Reds, Delawares, some german new hampshires as well as some hatchery grade new hampshires. I'll also be selling about 6 mutt bantams.

Last edited:
Quote: YAY!!! now to find someone to share the fuel bill with maybe.
wink.png
i'll supply the truck, you bring the boxes/crates/carriers/whatever.

Quote:
Is there a list somewhere of the breeders here in VA and what breeds they have???
I was going to just go through this thread and make a list - then I saw that it was 2000+ posts
th.gif
well, I've got Silver Grey Dorkings and bantam Cochins in black, self blue (lavender) and mille fleur/calico. I plan to add blue laced red wyandotte, red dorking and silver laced cochin to the list before the end of the year, but eggs/chicks won't be available until after the new year probably. I am also working on a dorking genetics project, to see if i can stabilize the colored line to breed true.

and if anyone's interested. I've decided to cut out the old english game bantams... so i've got 1 pair and a trio available for sale. mature roosters and pullets to match.
here's the crele roo (barred bbr)

I don't have any pics of the other rooster right now, but he's a blue-barred gold duckwing. and I've got 3 pullets to go between the 2 roos. I had planned on putting them all in one pen as the roos get along pretty well. They're gorgeous birds, but i've just decided that my pen space is better used by my current breeds/projects.

well, i sold everyone i brought with me to the roanoke swap today, except the oegb... so they are still available. i'd like to sell them as a group ($40), if anyone's interested. but i did sell enough that now i have room for them, so if i don't find a good home they can stay.

Gillmanor swap is definitely going to be on Sept 15. It's confirmed. This is the biggest chicken swap in the state. If you're looking for it, your best bet is you'll find it here. I'll be there with some heritage Rhode Island Reds, Delawares, some german new hampshires as well as some hatchery grade new hampshires. I'll also be selling about 6 mutt bantams.

will you have any delaware hens or german new hampshire hens? what are the ages and prices? we have sold about everything here so might not set up at gilmanor this fall. i have an incubator full of cubalayas but might just raise them out. will hatch some delawares next and put away the incubator until feb. if i go i will look you up barred rocker. i am in the market for extra good 1 or 2 hens.

I haven't really figured out prices yet. I'll have 4 or 5 delaware pullets about 5 months old. 2 german new hampshire roos about 6 months old and maybe a couple of hens 6 months old. I thought about hatching a batch of german new hampshire chicks for the swap but I'm just not sure if they'd sell or not.

ki4got will you be going to the Gillmanor swap in Glen Allen? I am assuming you still have the crele oegb for sale? From what I see in that picture that looks very nice, assumign that the sickle feather and the other tail feather are so white because of molting. I also raise crele oegb up near Staunton.

Last edited:
I haven't really figured out prices yet. I'll have 4 or 5 delaware pullets about 5 months old. 2 german new hampshire roos about 6 months old and maybe a couple of hens 6 months old. I thought about hatching a batch of german new hampshire chicks for the swap but I'm just not sure if they'd sell or not.
How much would you want for the German line chicks ? Would you sell eggs?

Back
Top Bottom