Virginia

Hello and greetings from South Carolina! I have a question for you chicken folks that sell eggs. One of my best egg customers was relocated to Richmond VA and she's having a hard time finding someone to purchase fresh eggs from. Is there anyone on here that would be interested? Thanks in advance for all your help!

There is an egg finder thread https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...-by-state-buy-eggs-sell-eggs/200#post_9554558 on page 1 is the fresh egg locator by state - but currently I'm the only one listed in VA. lol!

She could try Craigslist for her area - I know that I list my eggs on there - but I don't travel to Richmond for egg sales. I'm sure there's a farm or farmer's market near her or she can check a local paper for egg suppliers - there's always someone selling eggs. Hope she finds someone soon - as fresh is sooooo much better than store bought!

Geez!!! Wish I could find someone near me that loved chickens and liked to shop (not especially for chickens)!!!! I REEEEAAAALYYYY HATE shopping by myself and am new to the shore. I know practically no one!

I live in the Lynchburg area and I'm looking for day-old chicks - any breed, even mixed-breds.

My very sweet little Serama hen is broody and all her eggs turned out to be infertile, so I'm trying to find a few brand new baby chicks for her. I don't have anything in my incubator and I'm having a really hard time finding any chicks this time of year.
hmm.png

Please PM me if you might have chicks for me or know someone who does!

Geez!!! Wish I could find someone near me that loved chickens and liked to shop (not especially for chickens)!!!! I REEEEAAAALYYYY HATE shopping by myself and am new to the shore. I know practically no one!
lol i like chickens but HATE to shop. unless it's for more chickens,..
lau.gif

LOL!!! I like that, too!! I went to the Swap near here for the first time last weekend and came home with 3 Silkies!! I told hubby at least I came home with fewer than I took with me!!! I also went to the feed store there 2 days before to get some poultry dust and came home with 5 babies! 3 are baby Silkies and he gave me two others that were crippled. One of those is a Silkie and it has a dislocated hock. The other is a Silver Sebright that couldn't straighten its toes out. They are in splints now and hopefully when I take them off they will be OK. The Silkie apparently was injured after it hatched as it has a bit of a scab on it. I don't think it came out of the shell that way. I got the joint put back in place but don't know how it will be and really don't know how long to leave the splint on that one. maybe a couple of days more. Will try the Sebright tomorrow. I put the splints on Sunday.
Now that I have been to a swap, I know what they are like and will do more next year. This year was a learning trip for me but I did sell 5 chickens.

OH!!! I picked out a white Silkie and a buff one. I had to get the 2 sellers to keep them for me until I had and empty cage. I didn't want to keep them in a box for so long. So after selling a few I got the white one and went to get the buff one. I then realized the buff one didn't have a beard. The bearded ones were $5 more but that was fine with me. So I paid the woman the extra $5 and while she was taking it her husband indicated that he put both of them in for me!! LOL!! So for 20.00 I got 3 Silkies. I was pleased....K

Last edited:
ND....hmmmmmm...I couldn't find anyone to make a day road trip with me across the bay to look for chicks a while back!! So, I didn't go. :(

Hey VA people this looks like it has chicken coop potential!

http://richmond.craigslist.org/grd/3329567835.html

I sometimes have eggs and I am in Ashland. I am not going to run a light this winter though so probably only the silkies will lay eggs. Silly things can't lay in the summer because that is when they have to be broody
roll.png

At least it's a great price. You could certainly add some wire and modify it slightly to make a great coop.

My silkie has just gone broody for her 3rd time this year!

Back
Top Bottom