Virulent Newcastle Disease or VND, Lots of Anguish, Little Solutions Offered

The more people follow the law, though, the less likely this is to happen. I'm not calling for making breeds illegal, but with a three-factor correlation and hundreds of millions in taxpayer dollars, I think it is reasonable that more oversight be taken.
Never gonna happen anyway. How do you prove what’s gamefowl and what isn’t? DNA tests?

Regarding ebola, I haven't heard the Vitamin C connection

There's also a vitamin K connection. Ebola patients are given antibiotics that deplete vitamin K. Malaria and early ebola symptoms are very similar, and ebola is sometimes misdiagnosed as malaria. Malaria drugs deplete vitamin K, and 65-100% (depending on malaria drug) of misdiagnosed patients hemorrhage to death. Vitamin K is essential for blood clotting.

True. Interestingly, research since the 2015 West Africa pandemic indicates that anti-malarials might actually assist Ebola in the body.

I brought up Ebola only to reference the spread patterns. For months, no one did anything, and the spread only got worse. Eventually a vaccine was found--because by then it was clearly in Western interests that one be found. When this is over, the response has to on finding a treatment and preventing cases, as opposed to saying that it's over now, see you in 2040. Or 2030.

This thread itself shows how there is a lack of transparency. It isn't clear to us - even those of us who have been reading the research - how it's spread. The disease is the problem. But the lack of communication is only compounding the bad.

I fear that the changing of transmission vectors is more along the lines of "never let a crisis go to waste". No need to think tin foil hat conspiracy, sometimes just agency heads wanting to expand their turf, head count, budget, and power. Then the cops get overtime, as do a lot of the feds pulled in, then no one wants the gravy train to end. That is the thing that most folks do not get about politicians and quite a few of the government workers that find their way into authoritarian type jobs. These folks are not like the rest of us. When I give a talk on politics I always ask people to raise their hands if they would enjoy telling others how to live their lives. Never a hand goes up, lots of baffled looks. My response is, exactly, yet politicians jump through big hoops to do just that. In the govt ranks the most political claw their way to the top, little different that your local politicians in that manner. So you don't have to think grand conspiracy to consider if they are changing the transmission method for their own purposes.

I still do not understand why backyard flocks contained in coops are any sort of danger if the virus is not air borne or vermin borne.

They aren't if humans don't transmit contaminants to them. But they remain naive subjects through the 120-day countdown, meaning that if even one chicken in the q zone is detected, that 120 days starts all over again. In macro, the scorched-earth policy is most efficient as it leaves fewer chickens to be infected.

I once looked at a property for sale that struck me at the time as being a former cock fighting and prostitution operation. It was located back up in the mountains out in the middle of nowhere. The driveway went for a ways through the woods until it opened to a large clearing. It was covered with grass, but you could tell it used to be a parking lot because of the large, lemon-sized gravel covering it. About 100 yards away was a steel building with a ring on the ground in its center. Next to that building was a 2-story building like a motel with really small rooms (no plumbing). Something like that couldn't have existed unless the local sheriff was being paid off. This was in the same neck of the woods that a former girl friend lived. She told me how in a former time the sheriff would show up at their door to get his payoff to let them keep selling pot. I suspect the same kind of thing is going on in CA.

The small rooms adjoining the fighting pit are called cock houses, where they store the equipment and birds prior to and during the fight. They like to get the birds there early if possible and let them rest up from the trip. Then there is a process for strapping on the knives or gaffs ( think very sharp ice picks) before their turn in the derby. Most likely not a bordello.

The small rooms adjoining the fighting pit are called cock houses, where they store the equipment and birds prior to and during the fight. They like to get the birds there early if possible and let them rest up from the trip. Then there is a process for strapping on the knives or gaffs ( think very sharp ice picks) before their turn in the derby. Most likely not a bordello.

OK thanks for clarifying that.

Back
Top Bottom