Visitor Gets a Thrill

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by speckledhen, Aug 7, 2007.

1. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Just had a young friend, about 9 years old, a pretty little girl that loves my chickens and that my Olivia is named after, come visit along with the neighbor. She brought another little girlfriend with her who wanted to hold Tux, Olivia's poufy-headed sister. As soon as she got Tuxy in her arms, Tux dropped an egg, LOL. Reminded me of Spotted Crow's SPLORT word, LOL! It was so funny! Naturally, it broke from the height, but it was hilarious. Then I found another one next to the compost pile so I can't blame Tux for that one. Goofy things. At least the visitors got a thrill!

2. lacyloo

lacyloo Cooped Up

May 26, 2007
    north florida
    [​IMG] i had one lay one in my hand [​IMG]

3. Southern28Chick

Southern28Chick Flew The Coop

Apr 16, 2007
    [​IMG] That's so funny!!!

4. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Awww, what a thrill for those girls! Maybe I need those little girls to come hold a few of mine.....at 21 weeks...no eggs! [​IMG]

5. imloulou

imloulou Out Of The Brooder

Jun 8, 2007
    NW Florida Gulf Coast
    OMG....that is sooo funny...I can just imagine the looks on the girls faces!! Did they laugh? I'll bet they have told the story a few times since it happened!
    Lisa

6. speckledhen

Her eyes got big as saucers and she handed the pullet back to me pronto, LOL. [​IMG] I bet she'll tell that story over and over again about how she squeezed an egg out of a chicken. The other girl didn't want to hold sweet little Tuxy for some reason after that, even though I promised her no more eggs would be forthcoming, LOL.

7. AK-Bird-brain

AK-Bird-brain I gots Duckies!

May 7, 2007
    Sterling, Alaska
    It dont get much fresher than that. [​IMG]

8. Kelly FG

Kelly FG Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    Ridge
    great story!!!

9. 2mnypets

2mnypets Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2007
    Galesburg, IL.
    OMG I'm having a good laugh over that one cause I can visualize the whole thing with story. "And then I was holding the chicken, and I must of held it too hard cause I made it poop out an egg!"

10. speckledhen

That sounds just like a 9 yr old would tell it, LOL. What's funny is that she wasn't squeezing Tux hard at all; in fact, she's barely gotten her in her arms when the egg ejected out onto the ground. That goofy Tux, bet she did it for effect, LOL.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by