Vitamins for chicks

bloomnbeauty

Delux Cluxs
11 Years
Sep 16, 2008
N Florida
I would like to know if giving the poly-vi-sol w/o iron on a daily basis will be beneficial or detrimental to my new chicks? And how much should I put in a 1 quart waterer?

I have been adding (for the past 3 days) one teaspoon of GQF Vitamins Plus to a gallon of drinking water. Maybe I'm crazy but I swear my chickens (already healthy) look even livelier than before. I just bought a plastic waterer so I can add organic apple cider vinegar (I understand you can't use a metal waterer) one or two teaspoons to a gallon. Also fresh dandelion greens - they're free and the chickens love them! I'm very new, so if any of this is wrong or anyone has something to add -- please do! I have many books but have learned a LOT more on this site, so thank you all very much. My husband and young son were collecting earthworms and tossing them into the coop - I stopped that quick.

PS I find myself daydreaming about adding new chickens. This is a sickness, right? "Chicken Fever?" Oh yeah, and a second coop for the silkies and bantams I want to breed ... sure thing!

Sick, sick, sick (love it).

yes, dont go overboard with it or it does no good. I do it on Wed and Saturdays in my routine and at only about 1/2 dose. If anything out of the normal pops up, then go to a full dose and do daily but for no more than the recommended label period, usually 3-7 days

Back
Top Bottom