Vitamins

kuntrychick

Songster
10 Years
Jul 19, 2009
Alabama
I've read on here some about Poly-Vi-Sol vitamins being given to chickens. I've read so much on here that I don't remember what I just read sometimes...LOL

Anyway, is that something that is given to their daily water or just every so often or what? Is it only given to sick/weak chickens to help them improve or is it something you give to all the chickens just to help maintain their health?

How much do you put per gallon of water and can it be added to the water along with ACV?

Thanks in advance.

I have only read of using poly-vi-sol for sick or weak birds. It is not usually put in the waterer because it is hard to control the dose that way and the water goes bad really fast. I have always dribbled it onto the side of their beaks (kind of tricky, but they usually lap it up) or put three or four drops on a treat. I don't recall seeing any recommendations for giving poly-vi-sol to healthy birds. If my whole flock was stressed for some reason or I wanted to give them a boost, I would probably go with a poultry-specific electrolyte formula in their water instead.

I do use ACV in their water twice per week and I give them yogurt or an acidophillus supplement frequently. I think of these like a "tonic".

I feed a good quality feed and don't worry about supplementing it with vitamins. Use the vitamins for sick or weak birds.
I supplement with poultry electrolytes when it gets really hot - temps. of 90 and above.

Back
Top Bottom