Viva Las Vegas!

5 Days so far, no flies, no stink. They are just in a small area, not far off the ground. The wind comes around a corner, keeps everything moving. For me it works..

The quail setup is all complete and working well.

I will be receiving 12 + "extras", fertile Gambel Quail eggs the 11th - 13th. I only need 7 of them. If anyone has an incubator and would like to hatch some of these beautiful birds please let me know. Otherwise the extra eggs will go to waste.

My broody girl just had 1 egg hatch 5 hours ago. It doesn't look like it can stand-up. It's still hiding under Momma. Is this normal? Obviously it's my first hatch and I can't find anything on here about the 1st day.So excited and worried.

I will be receiving 12 + "extras", fertile Gambel Quail eggs the 11th - 13th. I only need 7 of them. If anyone has an incubator and would like to hatch some of these beautiful birds please let me know. Otherwise the extra eggs will go to waste.

They are pretty birds. We've got them running all over the property here in New Mexico. When it's mating season the air positively strums with a sound that's a cross between a pigeon's coo and a distant flock of seagulls.

Hey Juney! The are pretty tired the first few days, lots and lots of sleeping, just like a real baby! congrats on your first hatch, pretty exciting!

Thanks Tumble! Everything is good now. Little Creamof (Noodle Soup is her Mom) is running around and then diving under Momma. Thanks for being my start on this wonderful adventure.

These are my two silkie babies, they have been in the brooder for two weeks now. Any idea whether they are pullets or cockerels? And yes 702marine either one or both is yours! If you are still looking for a silkie that is.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom