Viva Las Vegas!

Ok, one question to everyone in Las Vegas: what are your tricks for keeping your chicken cool in the 100+ degree weather? We're almost at that time again (assuming its not going to drop down to 59 again next week!)

Hey I wanted to introduce myself on this thread! Mindy here and I just was gifted 2 bantam (one sebright, the other i'm not sure yet) chicks. very last minute totally not prepared! my yard is not ready i don't even have a coop yet. and we are dead broke. I think they are about 6 weeks old. so here i am soaking up as much info as humanly possible!!! any links direction suggestions would be greatly appreciated.. right now they are in a giant rubbermaid bin with straw and i have plenty of food.. so off i am to upcycle me a coop and set up my yard!!! wish me luck!!

Ok, one question to everyone in Las Vegas: what are your tricks for keeping your chicken cool in the 100+ degree weather? We're almost at that time again (assuming its not going to drop down to 59 again next week!)

I have swamp cooler and fans for my girls they also have free run of back yard were they have trees MOST IMPORTANT FRESH WATER COOL WATER WATER WATER WATER. YOU CAN ALSO FREEZE GALLON JUGS OF WATER PUT IT OUUT were they can lay against them. You can also bring them inside during heat of day

Hello Vegas, I was wondering if any family here would let my husband & I come take a look at your coop & pick your brain a little. We want to have chickens, but first want to be prepared! thank you!

Back
Top Bottom