Viva Las Vegas!

I have some blue and black marans for sale. Two pullets (one is black copper and the other is blue) and 3 males (one blue and 2 black copper-one is very nice) to sell.

The pullets are $20.00 each and the boys are free. Pm me if interested. These are NOT hatchery birds.

Hi, I'm new to this group, but I live in Pahrump. We currently have about 30ish mixed breed chickens and roosters, 4 muscovy ducks, 1 Pekin and a crested Blue Swedish. We also own 8 goats- 4 purebred Nigerian Dwarfs, 3 Pygmy/Nigerian crosses and a Boer/Myotonic cross, also 1 miniature donkey.

This is Ginger our EE hen

This is Miko our Serama Roo

Some of the flock

Powder, a Bantam cross hen

Larry, a Muscovy Drake...yoga duck, LOL!

Food, also a Muscovy Drake

Some of our goats and the donkey

I have some blue and black marans for sale. Two pullets (one is black copper and the other is blue) and 3 males (one blue and 2 black copper-one is very nice) to sell.

The pullets are $20.00 each and the boys are free. Pm me if interested. These are NOT hatchery birds.

Have you places your roosters yet? I would be interested in one of them!

Hi, I'm new to this group, but I live in Pahrump. We currently have about 30ish mixed breed chickens and roosters, 4 muscovy ducks, 1 Pekin and a crested Blue Swedish. We also own 8 goats- 4 purebred Nigerian Dwarfs, 3 Pygmy/Nigerian crosses and a Boer/Myotonic cross, also 1 miniature donkey.

This is Ginger our EE hen

This is Miko our Serama Roo

Some of the flock

Powder, a Bantam cross hen

Larry, a Muscovy Drake...yoga duck, LOL!

Food, also a Muscovy Drake

Some of our goats and the donkey
Hey! Welcome to the thread! Glad you're here. Happy holidays to you as well!

-National Poultry Improvement Plan - NPIP coming to Nevada-

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen,

I wanted to pass some exciting news to the Poultry community in NV. We will be bringing the National Poultry Improvement Plan (NPIP) inspection and testing to Nevada. While this program has been around since the 1930's, it has not been effectively implemented in Nevada. That is hopefully about to change. I am working closely with Dr. Anette Rink, the Supervisor, Animal Disease and Food Safety Laboratory, to get this program off the ground and running. Coming around the first of the year I will officially be part of the Dept of Agriculture team as a Livestock Inspector to head up the NPIP program.

At this point, we would be looking at a one time $15 application fee and a $75/year membership fee which would include one site visit annually. Testing fee per chicken would probably be around $0.25 to $0.40. We are still working out the testing prices and they may go up or down depending on how many people and birds we will have in the program. They will however, stay in that price range of $0.25 - $0.40 per bird. If you have 30 birds or less, all birds will need to be tested. For 31 and above, 10% of birds will need to be tested with 30 minimum. If you are located more than 25 miles outside of the Las Vegas valley a service charge of $0.35 per mile of travel may apply.

Why be part of the NPIP program? A brief overview of what the service includes is testing and monitoring for Salmonella typhoid, Salmonella enteritidis, Mycoplasma gallisepticum, Mycoplasma synoviae, Mycoplasma meleagridis, and Avian Influenza. In addition, the NPIP currently includes turkeys, waterfowl, exhibition poultry, backyard poultry, and game birds. If you would like to breed or sell birds when you become NPIP certified you are able to sell hatching eggs and birds of all ages both internally within the state and to other states without any additional regulations. This could help make you more successful in your sales because your customers know that they are getting certified NPIP healthy stock. If you wanted to do any showing of birds, this would also have you covered to enter those shows without more testing. You would be on the forefront in knowing what illnesses are spreading and help us to find the source to keep all of our birds safe. I would also be able to do site inspections to help you in creating the safest and most healthy environment you can for your birds. This is a big deal for this relativity small community we have. It gives us direct access to great testing labs and information that we would never otherwise have.

I have been asked to do my best to get some preliminary numbers of how many people are interested and how many birds they have to be tested. Getting this information will help me to get this program off on the right foot. This would be a great tool for 4-H & FFA programs as well. Please feel free to send this information out to anyone you know that would be interested in participating.

I am excited to have the support of the state to get this program out to the people of the Nevada poultry community. Please feel free to contact me.

www.poultryimprovement.org

Respectfully,

SGT Dennis "DJ" Stuckey Jr. (USMC)
[email protected]
(702) 377-9171

This is NOT a regulatory or enforcement program.
Your zoning location, local city and county ordinances,
or HOA bylaws are of no concern to us and are not recorded or reported.

Back
Top Bottom