Vomiting due to Duck Eggs!?

Jun 13, 2022
Hey guys! I have 6 indian runners and we are getting beautiful blue eggs. Me and my partner don't actually eat eggs so we give away to friends and family 😊 We have away a dozen duck eggs to a friend, who had them for breakfast this morning with his family, he said he scrambled 7 of them for 3 people. He said 30 minutes after eating them, he started vomiting and had diarhoea? He has the same full breakfast as his family and he is the only one that has become sick because of this. He is currently blaming the duck eggs but I am wondering if anyone has experienced this from duck eggs? We cant rule out that its not a viral illness but he had the same breakfast as the others so dont belive its food poisening or salmonella poisening? I have read some people can be intolerant to duck eggs but he has been eating our duck eggs for a while now so this has come out of the blue? We feel terrible for him being ill but I am wondering if it was the duck egg thats actually caused it? Please let me know if you have heard of this before?

Thanks xx

A coworker of mine was VERY allergic to duck eggs. I used two duck eggs in a cake that called for 12 eggs total (so also 10 chicken eggs). He had two pieces of cake about an inch square each. (It's that rich, so I cut it in pieces like fudge.)

He could not ride his motorcycle home, had to be driven home instead, and had an emergency stop on the way for a bout of diarrhea.

He knew he was allergic to duck eggs, but I didn't. He would never have had any of that cake if he'd known.

Yeah, it can be that strong of a reaction.

Hey guys! I have 6 indian runners and we are getting beautiful blue eggs. Me and my partner don't actually eat eggs so we give away to friends and family 😊 We have away a dozen duck eggs to a friend, who had them for breakfast this morning with his family, he said he scrambled 7 of them for 3 people. He said 30 minutes after eating them, he started vomiting and had diarhoea? He has the same full breakfast as his family and he is the only one that has become sick because of this. He is currently blaming the duck eggs but I am wondering if anyone has experienced this from duck eggs? We cant rule out that its not a viral illness but he had the same breakfast as the others so dont belive its food poisening or salmonella poisening? I have read some people can be intolerant to duck eggs but he has been eating our duck eggs for a while now so this has come out of the blue? We feel terrible for him being ill but I am wondering if it was the duck egg thats actually caused it? Please let me know if you have heard of this before?

Thanks xx
Hi! It's absolutely possible for one person to reach on duck eggs. I recently started to vomit after eating them, even though I tolerated them well earlier. Seems it is not the same when they are bakes in a cake or something. A quich check on the net showed that it is not unusual to develop intolerance to duck eggs with the symptoms you describe. This has nothing to do with the quality of the eggs you gave him, though. Just bad luck for him (and me and more.) The birds are nice to keep anyway, so I just give the eggs to others, or make pancakes, waffles and cakes which I can eat.

He is allergic or intolerant to duck eggs. My whole family can eat duck eggs, but if I do I get terrible stomach pains and vomiting. I can eat my chicken's eggs just fine. I can't even eat baked goods that use duck eggs it's that bad. It's not that uncommon we just don't hear about it as much because duck eggs aren't nearly as popular in the US as other countries.

Thanks xx
He could be allergic to the eggs. I am allergic to chicken eggs but not duck eggs. Chicken eggs make me vomit.

Thanks xx
I had this same experience as your friend but twice in a row after eating duck eggs several days apart. It's possible.

Back
Top Bottom