Voorheesville, NY Poultry picnic 8/27/2011

happyhensny

Brown Barns Farm
11 Years
Sep 23, 2008
near Albany, New York
I will be hosting a pot-luck picnic/get-together for our BYC buddies at my home on Saturday, August 27, 2011. Time: 11am - 5pm
I live right in Voorheesville, 10 minutes from the southern end of the Northway and exit 24 on I-90. We have a pole barn for shelter if, and it better not, rains. Parking should be no problem unless EVERYONE on BYC comes!
wink.png

Food, snacks, sides, desserts, beverages and paper products will be greatly appreciated. Please PM me and I will keep a list of what you would like to share so we don't end up with 60 pounds of potato salad.

I have 3 kids - boy 13 yrs, 2 girls 12 & 8. We have soccer balls, volleyball, baseball & a small above ground pool. If you want your kids to swim, please bring towels, flotation if needed and have a suit too.

Please RSVP how many will be attending and what you will be bringing.

Thanks and this is going to be fun!

^^^^^^^^ The posting for items that will be for sale Post # 175 located on Page 18 ^^^^^^^^^^

**Chinese Auction/ Raffle info is posted on Page 2 post #17 We are going to have lots of great things put up!**

Annie

**If you are not on the list and want to be PM me please. Thank you!

Attendees Bringing

1. shellz131 ?
2. Cass hot dish-chicken legs
3. Featherz Spanakopita
4. chickenliza22 chicken cake
5. rebelINny macaroni salad and a veggie platter
6. vmdanielsen dessert
7. Racey
8. horsekeeper potato salad
9. TiaView ?
10. minichic ?
11. holliboydwhite ?
12. Henicillin beverages
13. In His Service S'mores
14. pontoosuc Fruit Kabobs
15. Muggsmagee Cabbage Salad
16. ladylibra Tomato or Squash Pie
17. cheekyhen dessert
18. chicken stalker ?
19. aceschick ?
20. Stafford family ?
21. Anderson family Tomato pasta salad
22. Smith ?

**Poultry sale/swap:

Please feel free to bring your birds, in cages please! If someone wants something specific please post and hopefully we can find it!

Would like to have:

turkey eggs/poults
khaki campbell eggs/ducklings
Maran or dark egg layer
Turken eggs
Jersey Giant eggs

Last edited:
Well Annie-this may be something I can travel too!!!
woot.gif

If I come I most certainly will bring food of some sort and started pairs of some birds..are you going to update your first post as to what people are bringing and selling/offering??

Quote:
Great, hope that you can come on down! It'll be fun to meet everyone! Yes, I will list the goodies that are offered. I haven't had a big "shin-dig" like this so any pointers will be appreciated!

Quote:
Great, hope that you can come on down! It'll be fun to meet everyone! Yes, I will list the goodies that are offered. I haven't had a big "shin-dig" like this so any pointers will be appreciated!

the best pointer I can give you ( since I hosted a big chickenstock last year) is repost on first post a few times a day to update folks.

Like whos bring food
who's bringing what birds to sell
what kinds of birds people are looking for
what you need-make a list as to what you need ( cups plates-silverware-soda-rolls-napkins-etc) and when people ask what they can bring -tell them specifically what you need and put their name next to that item on your list on the first post. Let me know if I can help with more-When the date creeps up-it will get hectic on thsi thread LOL so I can help spot new items to list? whatever you need-

Last edited:
Count me in too. It's like 20 minutes from my house, I can't miss it.

PM storage is so limited, do you really want people to PM you or put their info in a Post? Probably PM, now that I think about it, cuz that way you don't miss stuff in all the conversation. You'll just have to be sure to update the initial post, your notebook (never trust technology if it really important) and delete the PM to make sure people don't get bounces when they PM you.

I am geographically close, so I am willing to bring a hot dish (chicken legs? LOL) But more important than that I am willing to come help set up if you need help.

They are having a raffle to raise money to help the host/ess of Chickenstock. People are donating things for the raffle. (hatching eggs, chicks, fish (I think they are painted wood, not live), homemade crafts, etc.) We have time to think about it, but if you (the hostess) find you are going to be putting out more money than you counted on (trash bags, trash removal costs, toilet paper, etc) we might want to do something similiar at this swap/potluck to thank you for your hospitality (as opposed to depleting your family's resources). If it turns out to be only 10 people it might not be an issue, but you start to have 25+ people peeing 3 times a day you are starting to talk a LOT of toilet paper.

Looking forward to meeting you all.
yippiechickie.gif
ya.gif
woot.gif

I'm coming too!!! I'll bring something.. although I'm a horrible cook so I'll see if there's something purchasable we need.
tongue.png
I don't eat meat so maybe I'll think of something veggie?

I mix and match all my chickens and only have one roo, so I doubt my mutt eggs will be in demand for any sort of auction, but I am hatching a lot (purebred) so I may have started pairs to bring also. We'll see as we get closer to the date.
smile.png

Oh and put me down for a +1 also, DH says he will come. He loves to chat up all the menfolk to see who wants to help him build his survival bunkers..
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png

Last edited:
Is this a swap/trade/sell get together? If so I would LOVE to come! I am about an hour away but shoot thats nothing if your having a fun day like this? Can I bring a couple of children?
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom