Voorheesville, NY Poultry picnic 8/27/2011

Quote:
Sounds like decent hatch rate, but I don't remember how many I gave you.
hmm.png
Aren't they fun! I am going to JP's North auction today to get rid of some D'Uccle boys. And check out stuff too!
wink.png

Quote:
Sounds like decent hatch rate, but I don't remember how many I gave you.
hmm.png
Aren't they fun! I am going to JP's North auction today to get rid of some D'Uccle boys. And check out stuff too!
wink.png

Let me know how it goes! I need to get to an auction at some point just to see how it works. I'll have a lot of boys to rehome soon. I see three australorps here.. And eight brahma.. and I *think* six SS.

gotchicks.jpg

What a small world. We live in Westerlo and didn't realize we had BYC friends so close by. And even crazier...you are friends with my SIL Joanne O'Connor on Facebook. We got our first batch of hens last year and in the fall we added Sikies. We just brought home 6 Barnevelders yesterday.

Do you know if there are any good 4-H clubs around? My daughter wants to show the Barnies. Please feel free to PM me. Thanks.

My DD is making a excel sheet on who is coming and what they are bringing. She is so totally excited. I am going to get one of the lifeguard kids from the high school to keep an eye on the pool. Between the pole barn and a 10 x 20 tent I am hoping we should be made in the shade!

Auction went fine. Roos $10+ each. Chicks $4 each. There were goats, mamas and babies; sheep; a donkey; some pigs and lots of bunnies, guinea pigs and chickens. Neat stuff, but I didn't buy anything. Got my NPIP testing done on Tuesday and should be getting my number in a month.

Last edited:
Wow, this sounds like fun! August is a long ways off, but I'll pencil you on my calendar and let you know for sure as it draws closer. My first year with chickies and I'm having a blast. 3 BO's and 4 SLW's. I'm just up the Northway from you at exit 10.

Please count me in (and a plus-one - I told my husband about it, and he says it sounds like a lot of fun), and let me know what you need!
smile.png

Edited to add that I'd be happy to contribute something to the raffle, like a wine basket with a couple of NYS (of course!) wines.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom