Voorheesville, NY Poultry picnic 8/27/2011

Quote:
Sorry you are gonna miss it. We plan to have a blast and the site (Annie's house) has a pole barn so we will have lots of cover if the weather doesn't co-operate.

Everyone should bring a lawn/folding/canvas outdoor type chair in case you want to sit down that day.
smile.png

Quote:
I am thinking the 27th might actually be clear for us....we will have to see.
caf.gif

This could be fun. Lovinstock was AWESOME!
thumbsup.gif
Getting together with like-minded folks just can not get any better!

Quote:
caf.gif

thumbsup.gif

thumbsup.gif
Im still working on this one maybe? I have alot that keeps popping up!!
barnie.gif

Quote:
caf.gif

thumbsup.gif

thumbsup.gif
Im still working on this one maybe? I have alot that keeps popping up!!
barnie.gif

I can relate to that
tongue.png

Oh PLLLEEEZZZEEE come. We want to meet you and trade chicken stories, chicken stuff and chickens for that matter. If he is still around I am bringing the world's largest white silkie roo. I mean this guy puts the LF cockerals TO SHAME. (and they are about the same age.) And he is Gorgeous too. Beautiful blue ears. Dark feet. All his toes...all 5 of them...ewwww...

Definitely still coming! I'll have something to bring, just not sure what. I'll have baby NN roos (about 6 weeks old by then) if anyone wants a cute little NN in their flock!
tongue.png

ETA: all my chickies so far made it through the heat today. I turned a sprinkler on and they've finally figured out that it's not evil.
smile.png

Hey Nat (Sonew) - my two OE blue chickens from you ARE laying olive eggs! Very very dark ones at that. So I did get some OE's out of the mix. You should see my egg cartons now. I have light minty green from the EE's, super dark olive from the OE's, dark brown eggs from the maran x americauna black chickens, pink from one of my mystery chickens and of course white and various shades of brown and speckled. I just need blue!

Last edited:
Quote:
OH, OH, I'm gonna have blue
fl.gif
If one of my hens goes broody next spring I'll hatch you some that lay blue eggs. I separated my Ameraucana chicks from the main flock so they breed pure. Let's see what color eggs I get and then you can decide if you want some of my chicks next year or not. Assuming they survive the summer and the winter.

Quote:
Awesome! either chicks or eggs would be great. My egg basket is so pretty now. Too bad I had to give away my roo or I'd have gorgeous olive eggs for hatching I could bring to the picnic. There is a BO baby roo in the coop, but he won't be old enough by then.
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom