Voorheesville, NY Poultry picnic 8/27/2011

Quote:
It depends upon how many people want to try the honey dips, but as a guess, maybe a pint for the campfire, and a pint to take home. Let me know how much...
smile.png

ok...my good friend takes care of the hives on my land. I will double check her prices. Would you want light or dark?

I'll take one of each. Please. If you don't mind bringing it with you. I have had little to no success finding local honey, locally.

Quote:
type of flower....dark is typically bamboo...has a deeper flavor...kind of like brown sugar vs. white sugar

That sounds good to me, not so sure about my son...maybe one of each, if possible, if not, I am easy to please...what ever is available.

DH and I will be making an appearance with our 2 munchkins (8 and 11)!
ya.gif

We will be bringing:

For auction to offset costs for Annie/happyhensny~ Welsummer and Lav/Split Lavender Ameraucana hatching eggs

For food~ Something munchy...muffins, scones, cookies (easy to hold and walk around eating...plus, they travel really well!)

For Sale~ (EMAIL ME IF INTERESTED...I do not plan on bringing all on this list!)

BREEDERS:

2 breeding pairs of Coronation roos and Split Coro/Light Sussex hens (greenfirefarms and rockinpaints lines). $45 each pair

Breeding pair of Blue Copper Marans...both from Whitmore Farms, hen is an excellent layer of rich, dark, round eggs (14 months old). $45

Breeding pair of Blue Ameraucanas...ROO IS SPLIT TO HOOKLESS FEATHERING (aka Silkie Feathering)...both just over a year old. $45

1 Breeding pair of bantam Silver Ameraucanas (less than 6 months old). $35

HENS:

White Leghorn (2) (both are 13 months old)...great layers...one was bred for rosecomb...PERFECT for our NY winters. $12 each
White Orpington x White Cochin (6 months)...a nice round ball of mush! She's beautiful. $10
Black Australorp hens (Hatchery)...(17 months old) GREAT layers! They were with a Black Am roo up until 2 weeks ago, and are missing a few feathers.
sad.png
$12 each

I am still debating on parting with a few pullets...expect an update later...
smile.png

Chicks:

Hatched 7/30 and 8/6

Lav Ams, Wheaten Ams, Split Lav (visually black) Ams, Olive Eggers (Welsummer x Wheaten Am and Blue Copper Marans x Wheaten Ameraucana), and pure Welsummer chicks...all $8 each.

We have some really nice roos that we have no room for...ALL are 15 months and younger...

Split Coronation/Light Sussex Roo (greenfirefarms) 5 months old
2 gorgeous White Orpington roos (Hinkjc) 15 months and 6 months
Black Copper Marans Cockerel (Feather legged), Wheaten Ameraucana, Lavender Ameraucana, Black Ameraucana (2), 2 Olive Egger Roos (BCM X Lav Ameraucana), Blue Wheaten Ameraucana cockerel, and a Buff Ameraucana.
Also, we have 2 beautiful Silkie boys...a bearded buff hatched from baregretchen via Sundown Waterfowl (14 months old) and a Porcelain project from Kelar/Karen (around 9 months)...he is split to Lav and Buff.

What am I forgetting????.....
hide.gif
Can't wait to meet some more NY chicken addicts! See you all in a few weeks! (And Annie...please let me know if there is anything else we can bring!)

Quote:
Ooh! Me! Me! *waving hand wildly in the air* I'd love to buy a light and a dark from your friend if she has more available - just let me know how much! We're setting up our own hives next year, so for the moment we have to hunt down good local honey where we can.
big_smile.png

Alas, I'm afraid that my little flock is too new to offer anything for sale, dang it. I promise I'll bring a good wine basket for auction to make up for it.
smile.png

Muggsmagee, that White Orpington x White Cochin cross is really tempting - I may have to give her a home, as that mix sounds awesome.

Quote:
Ooh! Me! Me! *waving hand wildly in the air* I'd love to buy a light and a dark from your friend if she has more available - just let me know how much! We're setting up our own hives next year, so for the moment we have to hunt down good local honey where we can.
big_smile.png

Alas, I'm afraid that my little flock is too new to offer anything for sale, dang it. I promise I'll bring a good wine basket for auction to make up for it.
smile.png

Muggsmagee, that White Orpington x White Cochin cross is really tempting - I may have to give her a home, as that mix sounds awesome.

Henicillin, when you get your hives up and operational AND have honey to spare, please let me know. I really need to find a place to get my honey local (and you are local to me) and who better to get it from than an fellow chicken lover? If I ever get my Amerucanas laying and hatching maybe you would like a blue egg laying hen in trade for a couple bottles of honey?

Be sure to PM or email Muggsmagee if you are truely interested in the birds, as she/he is only bringing birds that people have said they are interested in. Perhaps you can get pics in advance to help you make your choice.

If anyone is interested in ducks...let me know! Some will end up in freezer camp soon, if not spoken for!

2 Rouen hens (hatched in March) GREAT for eating, and good layers! Big, big girls!
1 Cayuga hen (hatched in March)
1 Silver Appleyard hen (I hatched April/May)
1 White Crested Cayuga drake (we call him fat bass terd...clear throat...he's a serious waddler! Good for the freezer!) A mix of Crested Peking and Cayuga I hatched in April.
1 Golden Star Hybrid drake (hens are unbelievable layers! He'd be an asset to a laying program!) hatched in March
1 Chuckie Duck...this one eludes being sexed. Massive black bird with a white bib, beautiful green sheen to the head. No curly feather that we can see, but we think has a soft quack... (Mix of Crested Magpie x Khaki Campbell/Runner) I hatched in April.
2 White Fawn Runner hens (hatched in March)

Hens are $15 each (they are laying and/or close to laying) and drakes are $5 each (they are not doing their biz yet!).

Feel free to email me with inquiries! Thanks!

Quote:
big_smile.png

smile.png

Henicillin, when you get your hives up and operational AND have honey to spare, please let me know. I really need to find a place to get my honey local (and you are local to me) and who better to get it from than an fellow chicken lover? If I ever get my Amerucanas laying and hatching maybe you would like a blue egg laying hen in trade for a couple bottles of honey?

Be sure to PM or email Muggsmagee if you are truely interested in the birds, as she/he is only bringing birds that people have said they are interested in. Perhaps you can get pics in advance to help you make your choice.

Thanks Cass! I will be happy to send pics per request.
smile.png
I may need to come back and edit...tonight's glass of wine went straight to the brain!
big_smile.png
Hopefully it all makes sense tonight.

Back
Top Bottom