Voorheesville, NY Poultry picnic 8/27/2011

Cass, I'll be more than happy to let you know when we have honey available. DH is an experienced beekeeper who likes old-school methods, as they always worked very well for him. I'm a complete newbie who likes high-tech. We're going to go head to head with some hives to see whose bees reign supreme.

Muggsmagee, there's an email on its way.
smile.png

I got to thinking...our red cabbage should be ready by the time of the swap...we can make an Oriental Salad, too. (Simple cabbage salad with yummy bits of various things! If ya'll haven't tried it, you'll like it AND want the recipe!)

Woohoo! Mugs is coming to the party!
smile.png

I have several roos that need to go, but these are more craigslist roos than byc roos. So that's where they'll go.
tongue.png
I have nothing fancy. Yet! I saw that someone wanted NN eggs, but my NN aren't laying yet - they look like they WANT to, but alas, no eggs yet. We just got their nestboxes in this weekend, not a moment too soon.

I like the idea of bringing veggie chili, I'll see what I can do.
smile.png

Parteee!

NEw to BYC, thinking of coming down. I'm only about 2 hours away (in Oneida) ...is it too late to sign up? I have a few birds that need new homes too. If we decide to come down I will post what I have to see if anyone is interested. -erin-

Ok, my Greek coworker will make me a Spanakopita in exchange for eggs, so I'll be bringing that! It's very yummy - she's a much better cook than I am. Will cook before I go so will be ready to eat.
smile.png

Quote:
Heather...I grew up on Greek food...I LOVE spanikopita. It is very easy to make...but the phyllo dough can be tedious to work with. That seems like a great trade! Save me a bite!

Quote:
welcome-byc.gif

And yes...please come and post what birds you want to sell/swap/give away....We are going to have a good time and good food and get to know everyone better. (Not to meantion have a face to put with names.) Annie (the Hostess) is doing a County fair this week....so it may take a while for your name to show up on the first post....but come....

PS to everyone. Annie is going to PM everyone her address so you can mapquest and/or GPS her location. She is hoping to have a picture of the rooster scarecrow she is going to put at the driveway entrance to help you find the right driveway. I've been there and you are all going to be very surprised where she is located and what she has hidden behind her house. IT'S WONDERFUL.

Back
Top Bottom