Voorheesville, NY Poultry picnic 8/27/2011

ooooh oxine! I need more... I use it for cleaning everything!

I will bring some homemade jam and possibly a bottle of homemade wine to auction

I am going to bring a pie or a cake for dessert.

When I went over to Brookview Station in Castleton to pick up the wine for the auction (a bottle of semi-dry apple/pear, a bottle of their own rose, and a bottle of their peach wine which is made from peaches - good stuff!), I mentioned that I was picking up wines for a raffle basket. So, the guy ringing me out asked me the reason for the raffle. I said that it was for a meetup of chicken enthusiasts who are getting together to have a poultry picnic featuring chicken-chat, sales, and trades, and that the raffle helps offset the costs. The "um - OK" look he gave me was priceless.
lol.png

Quote:
ohh you got wine covered. I need to bring a of of $$ for raffles
big_smile.png

Prices for Chinese Auction/Raffle tickets is/are 8 for $5 or 20 for $10....AND you get 3 for free for each item you bring to contribute to the Auction. Personally I am bringing 2 items and buying 20 tickets. There are a couple of things I REALLY want, so I am gonna load the cups with my tickets....bet no one else thought of that.
lau.gif

OK, I have map quested directions and will be putting them in th car as soon as I finish typing. I get out of work a little after 3 and mapquest says it should take me 1 hour and 18 minutes to get there. I f for some reason I won't be able to make it I will call Annie(518)505 9234 Right?). I will stuff the auction cups as soon as I get there !! I'll be bringing cookies.......
Ginny

Quote:
SO on further investigation I am still not convinced that they are all boys, maybe one little Pullet and two cockerals. just visited the farm with the parents and the "little pullet" has similar crest feathers developing as his/her mother. But the other two are ALL BOYs. I wanted to bring a "pair" to the auction, but who needs two boys if I'm wrong.
idunno.gif

The DH is adamant we stay here tomorrow and make sure everything is in order for our end of the wind storm via Irene. I fully intend on using his veto as amunition in a full on guilt trip should Sunday/Monday prove to be just a slight rainstorm! I was really looking forward to seeing/meeting everyone and totally bummed I will miss out on chicken chatter.
sad.png

I hope you all have a blast.

Quote:
waaah! tell DH he is a big party pooper. doesn't he want to talk to my DH about his crazy bomb shelter and survivalist stuff?
smile.png

sad.png
That stinks - here's hoping you can break out the guilt trip!

Featherz, my DH will probably be more than happy to talk about the bomb shelter and survivalist stuff as long as he can also talk about the tractor he's restoring and the garage he wants to build dug into our hillside.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom