Voorheesville, NY Poultry picnic 8/27/2011

Quote:
waaah! tell DH he is a big party pooper. doesn't he want to talk to my DH about his crazy bomb shelter and survivalist stuff?
smile.png

sad.png
That stinks - here's hoping you can break out the guilt trip!

Featherz, my DH will probably be more than happy to talk about the bomb shelter and survivalist stuff as long as he can also talk about the tractor he's restoring and the garage he wants to build dug into our hillside.
big_smile.png

oh my dh would love to talk about that stuff too. He'll tell you all about how the world is going to end and you better keep all your money in your mattress. Just watch out!
smile.png

Quote:
sad.png
That stinks - here's hoping you can break out the guilt trip!

Featherz, my DH will probably be more than happy to talk about the bomb shelter and survivalist stuff as long as he can also talk about the tractor he's restoring and the garage he wants to build dug into our hillside.
big_smile.png

oh my dh would love to talk about that stuff too. He'll tell you all about how the world is going to end and you better keep all your money in your mattress. Just watch out!
smile.png

Add my SO to the talk....he loves to talk building and "how to" stuff. Of course with the hurricane coming and opening command centers, etc, his mind might be a little preoccupied...but he'll add his 2 cents (if you listen closely enough, he's sooo quiet)

Unless I hear otherwise (Like I should cook it there) will bake the spanakopita before coming. Hey, it could be considered an appetizer I guess.
smile.png
I think we'll leave here 11ish and be there 12ish +/-.

I have to work til 10...but will be there as soon as I can after that. Might even be there by 11....I have a short commute!!!

All should be good for tomorow.

Muggs -
sad.png
We are going to miss you!

Featherz - Cook it here - no problem. All the things I am serving are cooked and will just be put into crock-pots to heat.

Towards the end of the evening, after we eat and get the campfire going, I am going to take the tents down before it rains-I am afraid if I leave them up and we do get some wind that it will break them. They should only take about 15 minutes to dissasemble.

I will be serving:

Goulash
Pasta Primavera
Sausage and Peppers - a little spicy because I used some little cherry peppers from my garden
hmm.png

Roasted red potatoes with rosemary & olive oil
pulled pork

My DD made a little hen cake -
big_smile.png

Plus all the awesome stuff you all are bringing!

Make sure if you want to swim bring some suits and towels. It is about 75* in there today. It really isn't that bad. I vaccumed it this afternoon but the stinkin' pine needles keep blowing into it!

We will have 2 - 10 x 20 tents for people, space in the pole barn for birds and the yard and the pool for the lil' angels to play in.

Call me if you need help finding us (518)505-9234

The driveway is hidden by brush and trees, it is gravel and you can park in the back at the end. The pole barn is back there for the birds.

See you all tomorrow - and if you happen to find a friend that wants to come and have some fun, bring them!

I just gathered some more things to donate to the auction. I WILL bring the pair of polish, maybe someone can help me sex her(him) better, a few books, I threw together packets of Heirloom and organic seeds from our homestead plus the other things I've already listed. And tomato pie for the potluck. We'll be arriving around 12-ish, DD is sad she can't come (she has a pretty bad cold and will be staying home with dad) see ya'll tomorrow.

-erin-

Quote:
That's too bad about your daughter, I hate it when the kids are sick. Thanks for bringing all the auction stuff. We will def look at your Polish and help figure out what you've got. I have never had tomato pie. Love tomatoes!

My twins (8 yr old DD's) and I will be fashonably late
wink.png
Probably closer to noon or after. I have to set up my farmers market table for my DH to manage while I am gone. See you all tomorrow.
Karen

Back
Top Bottom