Voorheesville, NY Poultry picnic 8/27/2011

Hopefully we get some! Not to mention it's killing my allergies... (allergic to mold)! Hey! you're so close by in West Lebanon...I'm in Chatham!! Great to meet up on here!!
clap.gif

Same problems here-super stinky run, looking for a truckload of wood shavings that I used to see advertised on CL but now can't find one. Firewood. Wow, we have so many locust trees down now we need to get time to cut and split them. My garden also is stinky from the rotten tomatoes. Almost think it is worse than the chicken run.
sickbyc.gif

Things are getting back to normal though, bus run is going well, kids are great. Fall is coming quick so we need to start preparing for winter. Good luck to everyone. Sending the chooks into the garden for some big-ime 'mater snackin!

Quote:
Indeed it is!!!!

*waves hi to the neighbors!*

I DID have some nice tomatoes yet, but an accursed raccoon has apparently discovered them, and is eating half of every ripe one. The other night I tossed four gorgeous, huge, perfectly ripe, half-eaten heirloom tomatoes into the run for the birds - this after watching them ripen over what seemed like an eon. Argh. I'm getting a game camera to assess the situation. My coop and run are like Fort Knox, but I still want to know my enemy.

Quote:
Indeed it is!!!!

*waves hi to the neighbors!*

I DID have some nice tomatoes yet, but an accursed raccoon has apparently discovered them, and is eating half of every ripe one. The other night I tossed four gorgeous, huge, perfectly ripe, half-eaten heirloom tomatoes into the run for the birds - this after watching them ripen over what seemed like an eon. Argh. I'm getting a game camera to assess the situation. My coop and run are like Fort Knox, but I still want to know my enemy.

I have taken to picking them under ripe and letting them finish on my counter.I hate to lose them at this stage.

Hi! Anyone wanting a gigantic rir rooster? He is too big, but nice thankfully! I have 1 roosters and am trying to downsize. He was born this spring is gorgeous!! Let me know...will post a pic of both roos and see if I get any takers!!

Quote:
out of 10 buckeyes I hatched earlier this year I have 8 cockerels!! NOT FAIR!!!NOT FAIR!!!NOT FAIR!!! Some are big buxom and great examples of buckeyes. However,I have two, one year olds that I plan on using for breeding. All cockerels will go to freezer camp(unless some one wants a buckeye for their flock. The eggs I hatched were from Laura Haggerty(see buckeye thread)

Annie, are you still around? Would love to get a half dozen eggs from you for my broody....and yes I know it is winter, but she doesn't seem to realize that.

I just joined 4H this year for my kids. I herd May 4 2013 in Vorhessville there is a poultry 4h school or something. Has anyone herd of this and could let me know what it is. I'm in Duanesburg NY only like 15 min away

Back
Top Bottom