vorwerk???

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by gabrielle32, Jun 4, 2012.

1. gabrielle32

gabrielle32 In the Brooder

Jun 1, 2012
    hi everyone, bought a three week old chick from a guy i know at our local fair today,it's the same age as our 3 light sussex so is settling in nicely with them,anyway guy told me it was a vorwerk so home we came and looked them up online and he/she looks nothing like one! got some pics but chicks still a bit flighty so not great,would love some help with this![​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. Zaxby's2

Zaxby's2 Songster

Apr 10, 2011
    a place
    I have no idea what a vorwerk looks like but your chick looks like it might have a little bit of gold lacing, if that helps.

3. Pele

Pele Songster

Feb 25, 2011
    Boise
    Interesting, I have heard of the breed, but they are kind of rare even in Germany. It doesn't seem like the sort of breed you just casually pick up at the fair. I'd say he's probably selling Sussex and perhaps misinformed.

4. ramirezframing

ramirezframing Crowing

Mar 2, 2011
    Knee Deep
    i dont think its a vorweck wht color are the legs?

5. gabrielle32

Jun 1, 2012
    the guy i bought it off has i think, a quite good rep for knowing his birds,so i thought he could be trusted,but i really don't mind it's breed, just very curious

6. gabrielle32

Jun 1, 2012
    the legs are grey with pink soles...

7. gabrielle32

Jun 1, 2012
    what kind of breed usually has gold lacing? sorry but i'm a newbie

8. ramirezframing

ramirezframing Crowing

Mar 2, 2011
    Knee Deep
    it might be and just bad on coloring, the color will smooth out by adult hood if it is a vorweck

9. babymakes6

babymakes6 Gifted

Feb 24, 2009
    far west Ohio
    Do you have an updated picture on your chick?

10. gabrielle32

Jun 1, 2012
    here she is now at 7 months,[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    what do you think? I think maybe her coloring is a little dark,but she has got the blue ear lobes, also she's been the most difficult of this years chicks to tame,but maybe that's because we got her at 3 weeks and all the others we hatched ourselves,it's only in the last couple of weeks that she's come that close to me

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: