vorwerk???

here she is now at 7 months,

what do you think? I think maybe her coloring is a little dark,but she has got the blue ear lobes, also she's been the most difficult of this years chicks to tame,but maybe that's because we got her at 3 weeks and all the others we hatched ourselves,it's only in the last couple of weeks that she's come that close to me
She is stunning!

She does look like the google images of Vorwerks!

This has me very excited now,
celebrate.gif
so any breed of chicken? Is there any that would be preferable? And should I use an araucana rooster or hen to breed with?

This has me very excited now,
celebrate.gif
so any breed of chicken? Is there any that would be preferable? And should I use an araucana rooster or hen to breed with?

well the araucanas in the USA are hard to hatch, but if you can get an adult bird and cross them to others, you make ees
big_smile.png
. I have crossed araucanas and those eggs hatch great. most the babies come off rumpless, but most lay blue eggs and have muffs. One even had tuffs, that his araucana dad didnt have
thumbsup.gif
Good luck

I used a rooster, as you can put him with more hens to make different combos of ees and more of them at once as to one hen making only her eggs by one rooster. I used silkies and polish but any that lay white or brown eggs would work

So happy to hear she's a real vorwerk, didn't even intend to buy any chicks that day,only got her because my 8 year old son was shot in the arm (just a nasty bruise) by a bb gun at the fair by some unruly teens and nothing cheers him up like a chick! We were just lucky to have some the same age at home to put her with, He was very proud to see all the lovely comments about his Tina!

droolin.gif
ooh I want , she is beautiful!!! I wish my golden lakenvelders were that dark!

Vorwerks are not Golden Lakenvelders, which are a plumage variant of the classic Lakenvelder - the Vorwerk was created beginning in 1900 by combining Lakenvelders, Buff Orpingtons, Buff Sussex, and Andalusian to get a very economical utility breed. The large fowl isn't as common, but it's a good dual purpose breed. It's also noted for ease of keeping - it doesn't eat much and you can keep multiple roosters without fighting.

There are actually two bantams - one was developed in Europe, one in North America. What's funny is that the NA vorwerk is unrelated to the European variations, and it was also started by a man named Vorwerk. He made them from scratch using lakenvelders, bantam wyandottes and rosecombs. So we can get a vorwerk, started by a man named Vorwerk, which looks like a vorwerk, which has no shared heritage with the original vorwerk.

Poultry trivia!

I used a rooster, as you can put him with more hens to make different combos of ees and more of them at once as to one hen making only her eggs by one rooster. I used silkies and polish but any that lay white or brown eggs would work
ooh they sound beautiful would love to see some pics! I'm building up a little flock of silkies in the hopes of breeding some of my own next year,here's a pic of one of last night's hatchlings,so cute I had to share:

Vorwerks are not Golden Lakenvelders, which are a plumage variant of the classic Lakenvelder -
Yes, I know they are different breeds. Just most the goldens I see are very light, while some are a little darker. But I would love to get a golden that is the color of her vorwerk to include her solid black head, which is a lacking trait in golden lakenvelders and most slivers.

Tuffy the one that came out with tuffs, also didnt have a tail mom was a silkie, dad a blue araucana

polish mom araucana dad one of the few that came out with a tail her first egg below compared to other polish eggs

have others but no pictures of them

Tuffy the one that came out with tuffs, also didnt have a tail mom was a silkie, dad a blue araucana

polish mom araucana dad one of the few that came out with a tail her first egg below compared to other polish eggs

have others but no pictures of them
They are really lovely birds,roll on next spring! How do you find the temperament of the Araucana rooster?

Back
Top Bottom