Vote for the best brown layer!!!

Which is the most balanced, profitable and sustainable layer of brown eggs for a homestead?

• rhode island red

• black australorp

• light sussex

• delaware

• white plymouth rock

• barred plymouth rock

• new hamshire

• silver laced wyandotte

• golden laced wyandotte

• welsummer

• black copper marans FL

• blue plymouth rock

• light columbian plymouth rock

• light columbian wyandotte

• black jersey giant

• black langshan FL

• black orpington

• buff orpington

• chocolate orpington

• bielefelder

Results are only viewable after voting.
Pics
Yes, this is why I believe the reason there is aggression towards humans in a lot of red sex links because this trait was acquired by the Rhode island red.
My RIR Hens are aggressive, my roos let me hand feed them. My NHR don't bother me, however they are a bit skittish.
I've raised my RIR and NHR from day old chicks. I got some Austalorop chicks about a month ago. They perch on me, sometimes bowling other off to get the other's spot. I hear they're friendly, they're fun to watch.

My RIR Hens are aggressive, my roos let me hand feed them. My NHR don't bother me, however they are a bit skittish.
I've raised my RIR and NHR from day old chicks. I got some Austalorop chicks about a month ago. They perch on me, sometimes bowling other off to get the other's spot. I hear they're friendly, they're fun to watch.
Australorp are an excellent choice too, they are not competitive like the RIR. But, they lay light brown eggs, while NH lay commercial brown eggs and RIR rich and deep brown eggs.

The biggest surprise is that white and barred rocks have such a few votes, I gave my vote to whites, I had them, they have such a strong immune system and they lay jumbo eggs.

It is said that a smaller version of them resembling the size of the RIW is the mother of the 90% od the commercial RSL and of the commercial white meat birds.

White rocks had the charisma to have extremely strong bones and geneticists were always interested in this.

Back
Top Bottom