Wah!!! Computer died :(

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by jeaucamom, Feb 6, 2008.

1. jeaucamom

jeaucamom Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2007
    Ophir, CA
    My new laptop died and I am only going to be able to get online when I can get over to my friend's house. The good news is it still had 18 days left on warranty, (they even send a postage paid shipping box for me), but the bad news is it could take up to 2 weeks to get my laptop back!! Wah!! [​IMG]

It is pitiful beyond words, but I just wandered around the house today, totally at a loss for what to do. (Cleaning just somehow didn't make it onto the list). I can't beleive how dependent on this computer we have become!!

The other outstanding news is we MAY have found a house!! So we may not have to jump online every am to look for houses!! Please pray for us!! This house is great, the land is great, the price is great and the landlord was a very sweet gentleman. We are supposed to hear back today!!

2. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Wow, I will keep my fingers crossed that you get the house!
    I do know about the computer withdrawls. Wow, terrible. So glad you had a few days left on the warranty. [​IMG]

3. sara

sara Title Needed Here

Good luck on the house! [​IMG]

4. Eryn

Eryn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    I'm sooo sorry on the computer! But great news on the house! I really hope you get it! [​IMG]

5. Farmer Kitty

Farmer Kitty Flock Mistress

Sep 18, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Hope you got the house! I know about computer withdrawals-terrible thing to have happen. Glad it was still under warranty though! [​IMG]

6. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Ugh, that's one of my worst nightmares! It's not so much that I'm addicted to the internet, but if my laptop goes I have to work in the public computer labs at school! That's no fun and it's sooo loud! I love the privacy of my own computer and my own room. (not to mention I feel funny when people look over m,y shoulder and see a chicken website! I don't go to school in farm country! no one understands!)

7. ozark hen

ozark hen Living My Dream

Apr 4, 2007
    Mansfield, MO
    omg!!! I am not a phone person but I sure am a computer person. It is the way I communicate with family and friends. I would be totally at a loss.
    On the new house.... [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    cannot wait to hear from you when you GET IT. You will, I just know you will. Only positive thoughts coming your way.

8. jeaucamom

jeaucamom Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2007
    Ophir, CA
    WE GOT THE HOUSE!!!!!!

Signed the rental agreement, have the keys, we will be moving in two weeks.

I am so overwhelmed with where to even start packing organizing, cleaning, moving, fixing???? Ugh!! But the Lord really provided an amazing place on several acres for us with a really neat house for less than we are paying now for a duplex....

Yeah!! Thanks for all the prayers and well wishes!!

9. texaschickmama

texaschickmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Poolville, TX
    That's great news, congrats to you. [​IMG]

10. Farmer Kitty

Farmer Kitty Flock Mistress

Sep 18, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Great news!

One bright spot in losing the computer for a couple weeks-now you can pack for the move. This chicken family is so addicting it would be hard with the computer! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by