wahhhhh hooooo ! I have an incubator now!

Myst4

Songster
11 Years
Apr 1, 2008
N.S., Canada
I am SOOOOOOO excited, my hubby bought an incubator for me yesterday. I started my EE eggs today. I hope everything goes well with them. The temperature is just about 100 degrees in it.....hope that is right. I can't wait until they hatch!!!!

Carrie
big_smile.png

Thanks for the best wishes.Oh and I wish you all the luck with getting your incubator. It is truely exciting when you do. Hmmmm I just though of something. When you put eggs in an incubator,how long does it take before you can see a chick developing? a week? 2 weeks? I want to know so that I won't get to anxious and open the incubator too much. So if I knew I would check the eggs at that time. If I don't see anything....does that mean the egg was infertile?

Carrie

Last edited:
Congratulations on your new bator. Depending on the light you use to candle and the color of the egg shell you can see veins as early as day 3. For light colored eggs I candle on day 7 and for darker eggs day 10 or 11. A clear egg doesn't necessarily mean it was infertile to begin with.

Best of luck and get yourself a good hygrometer if you don't already have one.

Thank you for the congrats... all of my eggs are green(light) and I have one white egg(from a leghorn...to see if it is fertile,because she seems to be looking for her eggs after I take them,even though I have been told that she is a non-sitter). I haven't got a hygrometer....do I need one? This is my first time hatching eggs....can I hatch eggs without one?

Carrie

If this is your first experience hatching, I'd wait 7-10 days to candle. It will be obvious at that point if you have development.

As far as temp goes, do you have a still air of forced air bator?

Congrats on your bator. Is it a still air LG? If so your temps need to be 101 - 102 at the top of the eggs. If your bator has a fan 99.5 - 100.5 is the temp needed. Try to hold your humidity betweeb 30 - 50%.

Good luck with your hatch.

it says that it has circulated air....is that good???? I will give more details later. It's a Hova Bator.

Last edited:
Thanks so much...and I was addicted already before I got the incubator haha. Here are more details on my incubator. Hova bator model 2362N, 115 volt,28.3 watts , circulated air.....and that is all it says. It was the only one the place had left. Is it a good one?

Carrie

Back
Top Bottom