1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Wahoo My first chick has just hatched !!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Chickie, Mar 16, 2007.

1. Chickie

Chickie Out Of The Brooder

Mar 13, 2007
    My first chick has just hatched. Its such a relief when they are out and happy and healthy. I have another that is on its way its like they are cheeping to each other. I will post pic's later. Thanks every one for your advice on getting them here.[​IMG]

2. bayouchica

bayouchica Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2007
    N.E. Louisiana
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Congratulations!! It IS a relief to see them out of the shell and standing on their own two little feet.
    What are you hatching?

Lisa

4. Chickie

Mar 13, 2007
    Not sure what they are. We just bought some free range eggs from the side of the road to see what happened. If I can't tell when they are older I'l go back and ask them what chickens they have. They are black chicks. One has a big bump on its head but it is acting normal and is walking round ok. I'm hoping it just goes away.
    They are very cute.[​IMG]

5. CarriBrown

CarriBrown Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

[​IMG]
    Congrats!

6. jimnjay

jimnjay Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Bryant Alabama
    Thats fantastic, Great Job.[​IMG]

7. soonerdog

soonerdog Chillin' With My Peeps

I think watching baby chickens hatch sure teaches a soul patients! Johnny

8. Chickie

Mar 13, 2007
    Your right it was like watching paint dry but with some very exciting bits in between. The two are very happy but the last two eggs didn't make it. Not sure why one had pipped and was cheeping but then just stopped. The one's that did hatch are the same breed but the others were a different breed.
    I am setting some more on monday with a better incubator. Its very addictive.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by