Waiting for Eggs in SW Washington State

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by ELShens, Aug 21, 2010.

1. ELShens

ELShens Out Of The Brooder

Aug 21, 2010
    Hi There,
    This is the first foray into chickens for the family so we're hoping for success. We got our 10 week old Pullets the first week of July (2 Americanas that the farmer said were from McMurrays so I don't know if that means they are actually EE's or not, we're not concerned, and 1 Buff Orpington) So far, so good. The coop is a catawaba coop http://catawbacoops.com/ that took us much longer to build then we hoped, mostly due to a non-stop downpour all spring that vastly reduced my outdoor building time and my two "helpers" 2 and 4 years old make things a little tricky. [​IMG] We stained everything with OSMO brand stain which I saw recommended as an environmentally safer alternative to treated lumber and safe for use around the hens. It's painted purple to try and keep my daughter from hounding me everyday to paint her room purple, I'm not sure that it's working. We normally keep it on the "chicken Peninsula" which is about 4 or 5 inches of Pea Gravel.
    [br]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[br]
    I'm excited to find a forum like this for chickens. There seems to be a lot of good stuff here, and you'll see me posting pretty soon for some ideas on making my run a little easier to clean.

Thanks

2. bella1210

bella1210 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    ct
    [​IMG] from ct

3. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    [​IMG] and [​IMG] from Ohio. [​IMG]

4. eenie114

eenie114 Completly Hopeless

[​IMG] You have beautiful birds! [​IMG]

5. Gallo del Cielo

Gallo del Cielo La Gallina Resort & Spa

May 6, 2010
    Tucson
    My Coop
    Hello from Tucson, AZ and [​IMG] Nice coop and nice birds!

6. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

Welcome neighbor,

from an imp in Renton

7. white01

white01 Brady Brook Poultry

May 11, 2010
    West Enfield,Maine
    [​IMG] from Maine [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by