Waiting. How long?...

I know many do not hatch some that came from the fridge but I KNOW that they are all fertile ( I have 2 roos and 5 hens) and it was in the fridge outside (its kept warmer (around 50's and 60's) than the normal ones).

I am kind of getting desperate. I have lost two batches so far this spring (really old bator and brand new one) a total of 33 eggs 30 of which were fertile.

I have five hens but i only get like two a day. that and it just got warm enough for them to get in the laying mode agian. (the weather has been jacked up lately down here. 60 degrees one day, 30 the next and 80 the next.)

my first batch was my old bator (which i usually do good with) and i did not have a turner so i was trying to turn them and go to school until 9 two nights a week. so.....yeah............

this last one i had was in my brand spankin new bator (auto turner this time) and they were shipped eggs. only this time i was so worried about them hatching that i checked them nearly every day ( not really, but i did check them a lot) and the temp jumped around a lot. so there was some low and highs.

i wa also thinking about buying eggs from a local chicken man but i cant seem to locate him. And then i was going to try some store sold fertile eggs but no place close sells them either.

Plus i had not planning on hatching them until my last batch failed. but they have only been in the fridge for about a week.

Back
Top Bottom