1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Waiting on the nest

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Whirlwind, Jun 11, 2007.

1. Whirlwind

Whirlwind Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2007
    Tuttle, Oklahoma
    Hi just got home got out of the car and the girls were a squaking and making an awful rukus. Here are 3 of my girls waiting on the nest. Silly birds all want the same nest, the one farthest from the door. Didn't know if I would even get this good a shot as usually they all run to the door when they see me. Guess they really gotta lay badly. Usually they are all inside waiting but it is hot here high of 92 and really humid today.

[​IMG]

2. missusduray

missusduray Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2007
    Northern Minnesota
    LOL That is halarious! My rooster crows at my hens if they have been on the nest to long. It is like he is telling them that their time is up and they better get their butt out of the coop. It is funny because they come a running when he does it. Thanks for the pic.
    Kristyne

3. WoodlandWoman

WoodlandWoman Overrun With Chickens

May 8, 2007
    Wisconsin
    That's a cute photo! I can see why constructing larger group nests are gaining in popularity. They always want to use the same one, anyway! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by