Waiting out Hurricane Irene (pics)

yoie

Songster
Jan 28, 2011
Easternshore of Maryland
I live on the Easternshore of Maryland, in the projected path for Hurricane Irene. I feel like we have turned out house into a wildlife reserve
lol.png
I have the two dogs, my eclectus parrot, two groups of baby chicks, my rabbit, and the ducks all in my diningroom. We are just waiting out the storm and hoping for the best. Here are some of the shots of everyone waiting out the storm in my diningroom :
roll.png
The ducks are very mad with me, they can hear the rain outside and want out now!

Group One Chicks
78308_dscn2099.jpg

Group Two Chicks
78308_dscn2100.jpg

Rabbit Leela
78308_dscn2104.jpg

Group of Ducks
78308_dscn2105.jpg

We all made it through the hurricane. Some backyard flooding and a few branches down but everyone is great! Chickens were so glad to get out of coop this morning, very muddy run but otherwise they are soo happy to be out! The ducks still in house, thier pen in under water, though I don't think they would mind
roll.png

I'm glad you made it through ok. Irene (or what is left of her) is hitting us this morning. My chickens have a mud pond for a run. All except the old girls are soaked. The old girls are smart and stayed inside and won't let the younger ones back in. I may have to go and put the poor girls in the garage for a while. Hopefully this will dry out soon!

Back
Top Bottom