Waiting Waiting Waiting

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by jodiea60, Aug 31, 2011.

1. VAgal

VAgal In the Brooder

Aug 25, 2011
    Northern Virginia
    Congratulations!

2. GoldDogsMom

GoldDogsMom Songster

Aug 10, 2011
    Indiana, PA
    You will love them all the same! But being shorted is a bummer!

3. I would definitely contact them about being shorted. After not being able to get you the breed you ordered, certainly they could count to 10 and throw in an extra or two since you were so nice about the substitution.

4. 2hot2chicken

2hot2chicken Songster

Jul 15, 2011
    Beaverton
    I didn't see who did you order from that subed and shorted you? I would call and complain for sure the leased they need to do is credit you for the 1 chick and its shipping/handeling etc. if they do it per chick. Kind of supprising to hear you got shorted to as most people who have been ordering this year have all gotten extras or at leased what they ordered....... To bad. a hatchery can loose its reputation with a forum like this for stuff like that!

5. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    Oh goodness! I hope all you peepz chicks get her A-Okay! [​IMG] I'll be waiting for pictures!!

Hurry up and call P.O.....we have a momma that wants to see her babies! [​IMG]

~ Aspen [​IMG]

6. jodiea60

jodiea60 Chirping

Jul 18, 2011
    Arkansaw
    I contacted Purely Poutry about the shortage....They were very sorry and said that a chick must have jumped out of my box into someone elses box!!!! REALLY???

7. mystang89

mystang89 Songster

Jul 12, 2011
    Louisville
    I'm in the same boat as you OP. Mine shipped out today and should be here in 2 or 3 days. Preferably 2 but if its 3 then so be it. I ordered mine from Ideal same as you. Can't wait.

8. GoldDogsMom

GoldDogsMom Songster

Aug 10, 2011
    Indiana, PA
    12 new chicks arrived safely!!! So exciting!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. rpchris

rpchris Songster

Aug 27, 2011
    Saint Louis, MO
    I am also waiting on 5 chicks from MPC. They were suppose to ship this week but as of Thursday a.m. still no call from the post office. It's been extremely hot here and suppose to be near 100 degrees again today. I hope they survive the trip.

10. rpchris

rpchris Songster

Aug 27, 2011
    Saint Louis, MO
    Update: I received a call from the post office at 10:30. All 5 chicks arrived safe and sound. They are now busy running around, drinking, eating, sleeping and pooping. Hardly a peep out of them so I guess they are happy. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: