Waiting Waiting Waiting

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by jodiea60, Aug 31, 2011.

1. GoldDogsMom

GoldDogsMom Songster

Aug 10, 2011
    Indiana, PA
    Quote:Couldn't you just watch them ALL Day? I love watching them fall asleep standing up! Glad yours made it safely!

2. VAgal

VAgal In the Brooder

Aug 25, 2011
    Northern Virginia
    Went to pick up our 5 this morning, open the box and there are three. Packing slip has the Silver Laced Wyandotte and Buff Orpington crossed out. MANY tears later from my 8 year old who had picked the Wyandotte she has agreed to look after her dad's bird until hers can ship. Not happy.

3. GoldDogsMom

GoldDogsMom Songster

Aug 10, 2011
    Indiana, PA
    I would probably cry too [​IMG] What a disappointment!

4. rpchris

rpchris Songster

Aug 27, 2011
    Saint Louis, MO
    Quote:I have been watching them for hours. They are very cute. One drops off to sleep and all the others fall over almost on cue. Then a minute later they are all back up and at the feeder as if they've starved in those few moments of sleep.

Our dog is also fascinated by them and I think he has adopted them. He is sleeping next to their brooder like a protector.

5. GoldDogsMom

GoldDogsMom Songster

Aug 10, 2011
    Indiana, PA
    My one golden retriever can't wait to go "check on the babies" ! The other 2 goldens are interested but not as "attentive" Going to check the babies again now!

6. MEchickenfarmer33

MEchickenfarmer33 Chirping

Jul 29, 2011
    Maine
    my waitign just ended today when the post office called this morning!!!!!!!!! i have 11 little babies and i CAN'T stop going out and "checking" on them [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: