Walking funny

Kmcschoolee

Chirping
Feb 9, 2021
I have a 18ish week old sex link that seems to be waking funny. Seems a little weak or off balance. She keeps up, is eating really well and drinking. If she stands too long she will slowly lay down. The others seem fine. I only noticed it recently but unsure how long its been going on. It could have always been like this. I also noticed poop like pictured but I have 12 chickens so not sure which it is from or if there is anything even wrong with it. It just looks different. I tried to load a video but it won't let me.

Attachments

• 20210613_073015.jpg
    20210613_073015.jpg
    832.9 KB · Views: 17
I have a chicken that has had a limp her whole life and has funny-looking poop, but she eats, drinks, and acts fine. It might not be fine for your chick, but you never know. Is she eating and drinking enough?

I have a chicken that has had a limp her whole life and has funny-looking poop, but she eats, drinks, and acts fine. It might not be fine for your chick, but you never know. Is she eating and drinking enough?
I think so. She's growing and foraging with the others. Eats the pellets and seems to drink fine. I go out a lot and watch. There are a lot of times I try to stand there so she can eat all she wants without the others chasing her away. I have a couple bowls of food so they can go back and forth

18ish week old sex link that seems to be waking funny. Seems a little weak or off balance. She keeps up, is eating really well and drinking. If she stands too long she will slowly lay down.
What are you feeding her?

For video, upload to youtube and provide link.

Have you examined her feet (bottom of feet too), nails and joints to see if there's any injury, something stuck, etc.?
Look her over for lice/mites and make sure her crop is emptying overnight.

Has she come into lay yet?

20210613_134621.jpg
I feed this and put the vitamins in the water and rid is a dropping from her. I will try to catch her once it cools off. It'sover hot her and I don't want to stress her. If it is a parasite or something is there medication I can get otc. I examined her and didn't see anything. Bugs or injury that is noticeable

Attachments

• 20210613_134326.jpg
    20210613_134326.jpg
    667 KB · Views: 2
  • 20210613_134308.jpg
    20210613_134308.jpg
    326.2 KB · Views: 7
View attachment 2716831I feed this and put the vitamins in the water and rid is a dropping from her. I will try to catch her once it cools off. It'sover hot her and I don't want to stress her. If it is a parasite or something is there medication I can get otc. I examined her and didn't see anything. Bugs or injury that is noticeable
Sorry I was doing text to speech and the wording was messed up on that last reply

18ish week old sex link that seems to be waking funny. Seems a little weak or off balance.

I feed this and put the vitamins in the water
Does she have fresh plain water available in addition to the vitamin water? Some birds do not like anything mixed in water so they don't drink that much.
She may be dehydrated. Offer plain water.

How long has she been eating layer feed?

Poop looks like normal cecal poop to me. Is her crop emptying overnight?

Back
Top Bottom