Walking funny

Kmcschoolee

Chirping
Feb 9, 2021
I have a 18ish week old sex link that seems to be waking funny. Seems a little weak or off balance. She keeps up, is eating really well and drinking. If she stands too long she will slowly lay down. The others seem fine. I only noticed it recently but unsure how long its been going on. It could have always been like this. I also noticed poop like pictured but I have 12 chickens so not sure which it is from or if there is anything even wrong with it. It just looks different. I tried to load a video but it won't let me.

Attachments

• 20210613_073015.jpg
    20210613_073015.jpg
    832.9 KB · Views: 17
I have a chicken that has had a limp her whole life and has funny-looking poop, but she eats, drinks, and acts fine. It might not be fine for your chick, but you never know. Is she eating and drinking enough?

I have a 18ish week old sex link that seems to be waking funny. Seems a little weak or off balance. She keeps up, is eating really well and drinking. If she stands too long she will slowly lay down. The others seem fine. I only noticed it recently but unsure how long its been going on. It could have always been like this. I also noticed poop like pictured but I have 12 chickens so not sure which it is from or if there is anything even wrong with it. It just looks different. I tried to load a video but it won't let me.
they do have fresh water. I noticed this before I started using the vitamins. Shes been on the layer feed for about 3 weeks. They are all together now and the older chickens were eating all the other feed for the younger chickens. So I need to go back to the other for her and keep her separate. Yes I think that it is emptying. I will try to get a good video loaded onto you tube this afternoon.

Yes to fresh water and yes I think it is emptying. I havent tried to catch her in the am but it does not look full. I noticed her walking like this before I added the vitamins. She has been on layer feed for a few weeks because I put them together will my older hens and the older ones were eating all the feed for the younger ones.

Yes to fresh water and yes I think it is emptying. I havent tried to catch her in the am but it does not look full. I noticed her walking like this before I added the vitamins. She has been on layer feed for a few weeks because I put them together will my older hens and the older ones were eating all the feed for the younger ones.
I will try to get a video uploaded to you tube this afternoon.

I would get some human B-Complex and give her 1/4 tablet once a day, I would probably add 400IU Vitamin E a couple of times a week as well.

IF It's Marek's, she may be the only one that shows any symptoms. There's no specific timeline for the disease and it's one of those puzzling diseases to begin with since there are 4 forms and it can present in so many ways.

There are numerous things that could be affecting her or going on. She may have a developmental or genetic disorder that is just now showing up, could be injury...so many things. A lot of times all you can do is try some therapy to see if there's improvement.
If you do happen to lose her, then sending the body for necropsy will give you a diagnosis.

Ok. Thank you. I'll give it a try

I have a chicken that has had a limp her whole life and has funny-looking poop, but she eats, drinks, and acts fine. It might not be fine for your chick, but you never know. Is she eating and drinking enough?
I think so. She's growing and foraging with the others. Eats the pellets and seems to drink fine. I go out a lot and watch. There are a lot of times I try to stand there so she can eat all she wants without the others chasing her away. I have a couple bowls of food so they can go back and forth

18ish week old sex link that seems to be waking funny. Seems a little weak or off balance. She keeps up, is eating really well and drinking. If she stands too long she will slowly lay down.
What are you feeding her?

For video, upload to youtube and provide link.

Have you examined her feet (bottom of feet too), nails and joints to see if there's any injury, something stuck, etc.?
Look her over for lice/mites and make sure her crop is emptying overnight.

Has she come into lay yet?

Back
Top Bottom