Walking funny

I have a 18ish week old sex link that seems to be waking funny. Seems a little weak or off balance. She keeps up, is eating really well and drinking. If she stands too long she will slowly lay down. The others seem fine. I only noticed it recently but unsure how long its been going on. It could have always been like this. I also noticed poop like pictured but I have 12 chickens so not sure which it is from or if there is anything even wrong with it. It just looks different. I tried to load a video but it won't let me.
they do have fresh water. I noticed this before I started using the vitamins. Shes been on the layer feed for about 3 weeks. They are all together now and the older chickens were eating all the other feed for the younger chickens. So I need to go back to the other for her and keep her separate. Yes I think that it is emptying. I will try to get a good video loaded onto you tube this afternoon.

Yes to fresh water and yes I think it is emptying. I havent tried to catch her in the am but it does not look full. I noticed her walking like this before I added the vitamins. She has been on layer feed for a few weeks because I put them together will my older hens and the older ones were eating all the feed for the younger ones.

Yes to fresh water and yes I think it is emptying. I havent tried to catch her in the am but it does not look full. I noticed her walking like this before I added the vitamins. She has been on layer feed for a few weeks because I put them together will my older hens and the older ones were eating all the feed for the younger ones.
I will try to get a video uploaded to you tube this afternoon.

they do have fresh water. I noticed this before I started using the vitamins. Shes been on the layer feed for about 3 weeks. They are all together now and the older chickens were eating all the other feed for the younger chickens. So I need to go back to the other for her and keep her separate. Yes I think that it is emptying. I will try to get a good video loaded onto you tube this afternoon.
I wouldn't separate her from the flock unless she's being picked on and unable to get to food/water on her own.

You can use an all flock type feed for your whole flock if you prefer. I do, it makes it easier to feed everyone the same thing - I have roosters, chicks, pullets and older hens.
For just hatched chicks I may buy chick starter, but often I just feed them the all flock and grind it up smaller so they are able to eat it.

You've looked in her ears right?

Back
Top Bottom