Walking funny

I am wondering about ear mites. I didn't see anything but if they are inside I may not. Ihave been reading about it and it seems to fit.
She shakes her head a lot too. How can I treat it

Last edited:
This is a good video. I'm convinced it's balance. She's dizzy or something. She tried to shake her body and fell over a little bit ago. Could it be mareks

Last edited:
No I didn't. Looking for bugs?

It's also going to be 106 here tomorrow. I'm worried about that with her too

I also looked at her ears. I didn't see anything

This is a good video. I'm convinced it's balance. She's dizzy or something. She tried to shake her body and fell over a little bit ago. Could it be mareks
It's almost like her joint gives way.
Could be Marek's - testing is usually done through necropsy, so if you lose her, that would give more info.

I would still try the vitamin therapy to see if that helps. Even if it is Marek's, there's no real treatment - vitamins are generally given to see if they help.

If you didn't see anything in the ears, then that would not be the issue - you would see evidence of mites or infection.

What vitamins do I need to give. How quickly will it progress and how soon would I see it in my other chickens? If it's vitamins wouldn't my other chickens be having problems. And should I separate her from the flock?

Last edited:
What vitamins do I need to give. How quickly will it progress and how soon would I see it in my other chickens?
I would get some human B-Complex and give her 1/4 tablet once a day, I would probably add 400IU Vitamin E a couple of times a week as well.

IF It's Marek's, she may be the only one that shows any symptoms. There's no specific timeline for the disease and it's one of those puzzling diseases to begin with since there are 4 forms and it can present in so many ways.

There are numerous things that could be affecting her or going on. She may have a developmental or genetic disorder that is just now showing up, could be injury...so many things. A lot of times all you can do is try some therapy to see if there's improvement.
If you do happen to lose her, then sending the body for necropsy will give you a diagnosis.

I would get some human B-Complex and give her 1/4 tablet once a day, I would probably add 400IU Vitamin E a couple of times a week as well.

IF It's Marek's, she may be the only one that shows any symptoms. There's no specific timeline for the disease and it's one of those puzzling diseases to begin with since there are 4 forms and it can present in so many ways.

There are numerous things that could be affecting her or going on. She may have a developmental or genetic disorder that is just now showing up, could be injury...so many things. A lot of times all you can do is try some therapy to see if there's improvement.
If you do happen to lose her, then sending the body for necropsy will give you a diagnosis.

Ok. Thank you. I'll give it a try

Back
Top Bottom