Wally's Journal - A Rescue Hen

Mrs Butterworth

Attachments

• 20170920_183627.jpg
    20170920_183627.jpg
    388.8 KB · Views: 9
Hi Ms Wally :love

So glad she is doing fine.

I had a Hen that was very vocal and friendly back in 2012. Ms Chicky wanted anything I was eating. Mr hubby brought her home from someone that had her in a very small enclosure. She could hardly move around in it he said. When she arrived she was balking up a storm and she had lots of room to walk. She had a 10x20 run that was moveable to any area if we moved it. We actally put it in front of our sliding door. She could see us. Then she needed a friend so we got a Rooster. Rooster and her were best friends. Sad is Rooster lost his girl and within days he passed too after that. These two were like a love story. She was pretty cool. Nothing that we have now has come close to her. What I understand is she had lots of attention by a little boy all the time.

I’ve been getting funny looks about my idea, in good humor though, but I finally found some alphabet cards and I’m slowly going to try and teach Wally to, if nothing else, at least distinguish the first letter of her name. I’m hoping to associate the sounding out of the letters, eventually giving her cues to find each letter, in hopes of spelling her name. I’m going to try and video the process and keep detailed notes, but fingers crossed for this project!

Back
Top Bottom