Want more egg colors

Okay, so I just learned how to upload videos to YouTube for the first time ever, just to grace you with THE EGG SONG. Actually in this video you can't even see the chickens but it was a sound off between two birds!

Yikes that’s pretty loud.
your property looks really nice, I spoke to my wife about possibly starting to look at property in the country. Now that I am retired am tired of living in the city and would like to move out.

Yikes that’s pretty loud.
your property looks really nice, I spoke to my wife about possibly starting to look at property in the country. Now that I am retired am tired of living in the city and would like to move out.

Aw thank you so much! It's a work in progress. We are converting the school bus into a tiny house and the blue barrel was covering a spot where we spilled so gas and the chickens were too curious. We've done a lot of improvements to the land. I don't think I could ever move back to the city. We don't have any neighbors either and the house was significantly cheaper than anything we can find in town.

Thought I heard that Marans and Welsummer eggs are dark brown only at the beginning of the laying season and that they loose the dark coloring as the season progresses.
I found this out this spring. My Cuckoo Marans eggs started out nice and dark, but now don't look much different than other brown layers. Our two Welsummers eggs have also lightened, but they do still have the dark brown speckles. We have joked that the toner ran out. My EE that lays a green egg is running out of toner too. It's much lighter now. But we do have a bantam Cochin that lays light pink eggs with purple spots!
20200317_181042.jpg
20200317_181030.jpg

Back
Top Bottom