1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Want some ideas?????

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by bufforpingtons13, Jan 10, 2011.

1. bufforpingtons13

bufforpingtons13 Out Of The Brooder

Oct 26, 2010
    HI, i was wandering what you guys use for watering your flock. Pics welcome.

2. emys

emys Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 19, 2008
    Idaho
    Wonder no more.

I use empty Oxyclean (actually it's a knock off brand - but who is checking; you know what I mean) buckets because I get them for free and I can have lots of them making it easy for me to switch out frozen/mucked up water in no time. (Just bring in frozen one and take out a fresh one.) They also have nice handles on them and are the correct height for standard size hens to drink from.

I don't recommend them for inside the coop, but, since I only water in the runs, they work for me.

3. sklr112

sklr112 Out Of The Brooder

May 23, 2010
    I use a gallon waterer purchased at Tractor Supply for the summer time watering. In the winter when it freezes in a matter of hours, I use a square ice cream pale, the kind wal mart has... but not the cardboard ones. Anyways, like emys was saying- keep a few to easily change out water.

4. kichohana

kichohana Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2009
    Johnston County, NC
    I have a 5 gal bucket with pvc pipe nipple waterer running into the coop/run. Since it freezes up in winter, I'm using a heated dog water bowl. Both systems have been fabulous. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by