Want to get ducks, Never had them before!

That's good! My dogs don't care about my ducks either, they were actually owned by the drake!
roll.png

I have goats and ducks. The ducks win the messiest pet prize! By a longshot! Stinky and messy. Don't mean to persuade you not to get them, but THEY MAKE A HUGE MESS. Poop, poop, and more poop. EVERYWHERE. And not like goat poop, it can be runny and get everywhere you don't want it to be. And I mean everywhere.
For years I said the Muscovies were too ugly for me to want any. Then I got two. They are the calmest ducks I have ever seen. So I got two more. I have girls so the caruncles are not as pronounced. You truly learn to love the looks when you see what personalities they have.
Three of the four will swim occasionally, but actually prefer to perch on the side of the pool. Of course pooping in it. The 4th has feather issues so she does not like swimming. They make wonderful eggs, very dependable layers. All, in all pretty cool ducks. Not trying to talk you into them, but once you get used to the face, they really are wonderful ducks.

I have goats and ducks. The ducks win the messiest pet prize! By a longshot! Stinky and messy. Don't mean to persuade you not to get them, but THEY MAKE A HUGE MESS. Poop, poop, and more poop. EVERYWHERE. And not like goat poop, it can be runny and get everywhere you don't want it to be. And I mean everywhere.
For years I said the Muscovies were too ugly for me to want any. Then I got two. They are the calmest ducks I have ever seen. So I got two more. I have girls so the caruncles are not as pronounced. You truly learn to love the looks when you see what personalities they have.
Three of the four will swim occasionally, but actually prefer to perch on the side of the pool. Of course pooping in it. The 4th has feather issues so she does not like swimming. They make wonderful eggs, very dependable layers. All, in all pretty cool ducks. Not trying to talk you into them, but once you get used to the face, they really are wonderful ducks.
Lol, thanks for the info. I am pretty sure after talking to my mom, we would have a run for them, so it would contain it a bit, maybe...
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom