Want to hatch along? My first incubation :0) Lockdown tomorrow 9-3-11

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by dandydoodle, Sep 2, 2011.

1. dandydoodle

dandydoodle Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 21, 2010
    georgia
    Would you like to hatch along. This is my first incubation ever. LOCKDOWN TOMORROW!!!!!!!![​IMG] I wonder if anything will hatch. I think I put 22 eggs in. I think 19 EEs and 3 barnyard mixes. I would have to count to be sure.[​IMG] Anyway should be fun. I would love to listen to your hatching stories and see some baby pics. [​IMG]

Good luck, [​IMG]
    Michelle [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 2, 2011
  2. dandydoodle

Sep 21, 2010
    georgia
    No one:(

3. marlene

marlene Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2011
    UK
    I went in to lockdown today to i will join you [​IMG]
    This is my 1st hatch also, i only have 6 light sussex in and i'm almost sure 1 is a no good but did'nt want to toss it out till after hatch date.

4. monkeemakr

monkeemakr Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2011
    Swansea, SC
    I started mine Sat, but I'll join in too. I tried one other, but the incubator got unplugged one day and it was like that all day before I discovered it, so guess what. [​IMG] I'm trying the "dry" method this time. [​IMG] Most of the eggs I candled last time seemed to have too much air sac so I thought I'd give this a go. I've just got a styrofoam LG and humidity is staying about 45. Got mostly BCM, a few WM, some Aracaunas and a few Silkie eggs in there. I'm a complete newbie other than my terrible failed attempt ealier. Wishing us all good luck!

5. dandydoodle

Sep 21, 2010
    georgia
    Did you start last Saturday. I am sure you didn't mean that is when you went into lockdown right? Sorry I know probably dumb question. LOL!!![​IMG]

I think I would be to scared to do a dry incubation. That just doesn't seem like it would work. Well good luck, I hope all is well.

Michelle

Quote:

6. dandydoodle

Sep 21, 2010
    georgia
    Did you candle?????

Quote:

7. dandydoodle

Sep 21, 2010
    georgia
    Good luck [​IMG]

Quote:

8. dandydoodle

Sep 21, 2010
    georgia
    So I was told that after lockdown you don't open the incubator anymore. So how do you keep the humidity at 70%? Do you open it long enough to add water if it drops below 70%?

9. marlene

marlene Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2011
    UK
    Thats been 1 of my worries, what to do if humidity drops?. After reading a lot on here i would probably just very quick open and put more water in and give the eggs a quick mist.
    Good luck with your hatch and keep me updated [​IMG]

10. mstricer

mstricer Overrun With Chickens

Feb 12, 2009
    Ohio
    Hey Michelle, Michele here (lol couldn't resit) I lock down my incubator tonight, and I have 2 broodys that should lockdown also . It is unseasonably hot and humid. My Spitz, who I swear, I have not seen get down, nor will she take food and water from me in the 18 days she's been setting. Poor thing was just hovering over her eggs. I opened the door and let the breeze in and she's back to sitting again. I have BCM's and Blue and Black Mottled Duccles. (I hope all of those hatch ) [​IMG]
    I haven't candled yet either, so tonight I will be doing that and [​IMG] they are pretty much all good. We'll see.
    Good Luck everyone
    Michele

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by