want to help me choose my coop colors?

Jewelwing

Songster
6 Years
Jul 15, 2013
East Central Illinois
I'm not done with the coop & run yet (coop roof unfinished, and no hardware cloth or gate on the run), but I'm having fun figuring out the paint colors anyway. The nest boxes started out brown with a cream outline, but then I decided that was too boring with the blue coop and green run, so I mixed some other colors with the cans I still had.

What do you think? I can't decide between the nest box on the left or the one on the right (the middle was just to see what yellow would look like, but I don't think I like it with the other colors). The idea is to cover up the brown & cream, though, so disregard the middle box.

Maybe these colors should be used in a different way? I could do the right and left nest boxes one way, and the middle one another way. Also, should one of them be used on the roof trim, or should that be yellow?

Suggestions?

Oops, I'd better go latch up that right nest box! I unlatched it to paint it 1/2 hour ago, and just realized it's still unlatched!

Love the coop, you are doing a fantastic job.

I'd finish painting that middle one yellow and then leave it the way it is on the nesting boxes. Have multiple colors looks really cool and adds lots of charater!

And I would personally go with the grey color for the roof trim, but my DW would go with the yellow. The brighter the better she would say.

I'd finish painting that middle one yellow and then leave it the way it is on the nesting boxes. Have multiple colors looks really cool and adds lots of charater!

And I would personally go with the grey color for the roof trim, but my DW would go with the yellow. The brighter the better she would say.
X2 I agree I like all 3 nest boxes all different. And like yogifinks DW I would go with the yellow trim also, but only if the middle nest box was yellow too.

Last edited:

Thanks! I'll do three different ones (love that idea), but I think I'll put a different color around the yellow. Something more greenish. We'll see. It's just paint, so if I don't like it, I can paint over it!

X2 I agree I like all 3 nest boxes all different. And like yogifinks DW I would go with the yellow trim also, but only if the middle nest box was yellow too.

I'll paint the middle box and post another picture. Then you can tell me what you think, and if the roof trim should still be yellow.

Thanks guys!!

Hows the painting going? I would love to see more pics.

Well, it's not the best picture, but it's what I have on hand. I'll get a better one tomorrow! I decided all three nest boxes different colors wasn't working, so I used the two greens for the squares, and the light blue rectangle around them all. I think I'll do the roof trim in that light blue as well. I'm worried that if I do the light green, it will clash with whatever plants we decide to put on the roof (thinking hen & chicks plant, of course!).

And now I"m thinking that the big blue side needs something painted on it!

You'll be able to see the colors better in the pictures I take tomorrow - the light green is a bit washed out in this photo.

Thanks for reminding me!

Back
Top Bottom