Want to learn more

farmer-conning-thx-4-joining-jpg.1588762

Hi, and welcome to Backyard Chickens! BYC is a very informative site providing everything there is to know about chickens!

Check out BYC's articles on just about every chicken subject! They're very simple, helpful and easy to read!
https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/

We all really enjoy BYC!
I hope you enjoy this site as much as we do! Hope to see you around the forum!:frow

:welcome

Hi Melissa, there's always something new to learn it seems so make yourself at home. Check out the Learning Center (under the Articles tab), use the search feature and ask questions. Everyone is here to help each other.

Best of luck!

Hi and welcome! How smart you are to do this kind of practical research before jumping in!

That said, as a relatively new chicken owner myself, I'd like to assure you that having chickens is fun as well as a source of cruelty free, really fresh eggs.

Check your local zoning laws. Then ask questions and follow along as the rest of us try to figure out how to be our own vets, house them well, understand their behavior, deal with predators, sort the girls from the boys, etc.

All this research will pay off when you have happy, healthy, good looking birds who make you laugh as well as feed you.

Back
Top Bottom