Want to pull my hear of my head, don't know what is going on..........

Olekushka, here's a lot of questions, but it helps tto have a clear picture of things before offering suggestions. What and how much are you feeding them? You have a mixed age flock, correct? Do you still have all 31 of your year-old birds? How long have these pullets (11 of them, right?) been integrated with your older birds? How large is your coop? Number of nest boxes? Are these birds hatchery birds, or sourced from a breeder? Did you get them as day old chicks or were they older when you got them?

I got two birds that didn't lay until 7 months so I understand your frustration. Lots of things can affect when they begin to lay. I'm sure you'll get eggs from them soon though.

Olekushka, here's a lot of questions, but it helps tto have a clear picture of things before offering suggestions. What and how much are you feeding them? You have a mixed age flock, correct? Do you still have all 31 of your year-old birds? How long have these pullets (11 of them, right?) been integrated with your older birds? How large is your coop? Number of nest boxes? Are these birds hatchery birds, or sourced from a breeder? Did you get them as day old chicks or were they older when you got them?

I got two birds that didn't lay until 7 months so I understand your frustration. Lots of things can affect when they begin to lay. I'm sure you'll get eggs from them soon though.

Great suggestions. Also, we are in a time of decreasing daylight. It will take longer for pullets to start laying. I still have 3 freeloaders from my Easter hatch. 5 are laying, but 3 haven't started yet.

No egg eaters. I go to their area at least 4-5 times a day to check. No shells, no wet spots. Sorry, no singing in the flock besides Leg Horns :) Yes, 37 weeks and no eggs. Feel like a failure.

Back
Top Bottom