WANTED: Ameraucana Eggs

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Chicky Tocks, Feb 1, 2009.

1. Chicky Tocks

Chicky Tocks [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2666.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Ru

Oct 20, 2008
    Benton, Arkansas
    I live in Arkansas and have been looking for some Ameraucana chickies. I've had no luck, so I want to attempt to hatch my own. It's starting to warm up a bit here and would be an ideal time to give it a go. I've known since November/08 that I was going to hatch, but decided to wait until closer to spring.

I know that mutt eggs would be better suited as a first hatch, but I'm dying to start a flock of sweet little Ameraucanas to compliment my lovely little lady buff orphingtons.

Please PM me if you can help, I'll warm up the incubator!

2. Fox

Fox Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 4, 2008
    South Carolina
    Quote:I don't have any, but there is a lady in your state that does which would be ideal for you. Depending on your locations maybe you could even pick them up! I haven't hatched her eggs before, but I like what I read about her and others have said good things about her. I hope to hatch some of her eggs soon. Her name is Rose. Here is a link to her website: http://www.masoncreekfarm.com/ameraucana/ She is on this board too. I wish you luck!

3. warhorse

warhorse Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2008
    Cibolo, TX
    That looks like a very nice setup she has and quite thorough as far as genetic development in color and type. It would be great if that were close to the original poster for her to pick up live chicks.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2009
  4. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Hi there,

Melissa in SE Texas has some beautiful birds.

Check this out: Nonesuch Farm

5. Tailfeathers

Tailfeathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 31, 2007
    Washington State
    Hi,

I have LF Wheatens & Blue Wheatens if that is the variety you are interested in. You can see my birds on my website. Just click on the "Ameraucana" album for the adults and I think the "Babies" albums has some chick pics.

God Bless,

6. gaeamama

gaeamama Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2007
    WMass.
    Are you selling the chicks? For how much? Will you ship? What's the minimum to ship?
    Thanks

7. Tailfeathers

Dec 31, 2007
    Washington State
    Quote:I have just put a post under "Hatching Chicken Eggs - Buy, Sell, Trade" Forum. It should have all the info you need. If not, please email me at the MSN address and I'll get back to you right away.

God Bless,

8. crazyhen

crazyhen Overrun With Chickens

Aug 26, 2008
    mtns of ,NC.
    Pips and Peeps breeds amer. with extra dark blue eggs check with her. I think she will ship day olds in a box of 25 Jean

9. Tailfeathers

Dec 31, 2007
    Washington State
    I'm certainly not trying to "One Up" Jean or even compete with her in any way but since Jean's egg color was brought up and since I don't have any pictures on my website of my eggs (yet), I thought I'd mention that the egg color from my birds is the same color as that shown on Jean's website - especially those on the right-hand side. It's hard to tell but she may have a couple on the left side that are a bit darker blue.

Again, you can't go wrong with Jean. She's been working hard to improve egg color, size, and productivity as most of us have but she's been at it longer than I have.

God Bless,

10. monarc23

monarc23 Coturnix Obsessed

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    you can only purchase from Jean on eggbid or one of those other auctions though so make sure you visit there first [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by