WANTED: Barred Rock, EE, Dominique, Jersey Giant pullets/hens!

HuestisFarm

Songster
11 Years
Sep 23, 2008
Fly Creek, NY
Must be willing to ship, please.

I'm not looking for show quality. These girls will be strictly egg-layers.

Need not be available now. I'm merely looking to find someone that would offer these breeds. I'm not seeking many at this point (about 10 in total).

Thank you!
smile.png

I have five jersey giants I am willing to part with. There is someone local that may want one or two of them, or not. I was supposed to take photos today but took the wrong (broken) camera when I went to go do chores today... I will try again tomorrow.

If you have any pics, ladies I would love to see them. And as I said before... I'm kinda just looking right now, but if I like what I see I'll try & convince the hubby. *haha*

What are your prices? And I'm only looking to have these guys shipped, please. So, please let me know your shipping costs as well. I'm located in Hartwick, NY.

BirchRunFarm: I'm about 5 & 1/2 hrs. from VT - depending on where you're located. What your mixes crossed with - do you know?

Yeah, it is prohibitively expensive to ship adult birds. You are probably looking at about 60 bucks for shipping on maybe 3 birds, depending on how big they are (if you can put them all in the same box). The shipping boxes alone run about 20 dollars.

Yikes -- that's a little more than I thought it would be. I'll never convince my hubby @ that price!!

Guess we'll just stick to bringing home some chicks. *hehe*

Sorry, everyone.

Don't give up! In a day trip with two tanks of gas and $100 you'd have a wonderful flock from me (I'll make you lunch to sweeten this deal
big_smile.png
). My Giants crosses had a Giant mother and daddy was 1/2 Giant and 1/2 Orpington. They are BIG girls, as big as their Giant sisters. I have an unrelated cockerel to go with the group (7 or 8 birds)! You'll spend that raising chicks to 6 months of age if not more and have to wait for eggs. Some of these girls are experienced mothers and will raise babies for you. I can tell you a good biddy is more fun than a box of chicks!

Here's a pic:

IMG_1159.jpg

The old red hen sitting down in the center isn't included. The other red one is one of the crosses.

Back
Top Bottom