Wanted: (Crele) Penendescenca & Pumpkin Hulsey Birds

little_grey_bantam

Songster
10 Years
Mar 29, 2009
Russell County
We're moving within a year or two and I'm at the point where the birds have got to go in order to get ready for the big move. They just wouldn't survive being turned "loose" to survive and thrive the farm!

The last thing I'd like to leave at the farm are Penedescencas and/or Pumpkin Hulseys; birds that are capable of caring for themselves without caretakers and an enclosure or two.

Once and if we sell all our birds, it will be the first time year decades that the farm doesn't have any chickens on it!

I don't have the heart to do it (leave the farm with no birds) and the last birds we had were "fighting" birds -- or game birds who roamed the farm and lived in the barn and fought off the bobcats for almost a decade... but one year, the bobcats got them all (it was such a hard hard winter) and since then, we've had nothing but big, fat barnyard chickens that the hawks and owls can kill... but can't even lift off even if they had 200 horse powers strapped onto their backs!

These are our birds of choice so that when we someday return to the farm, there will be birds bouncing about the pasture and our barn :) I love the flighty breed and the fact that they are bright orange and the other breed lays dark eggs (mine and the other half's choice). I would really prefer Crele Penedescenca since they are "color sexed" as chicks, but black would be fine too.

I would REALLY prefer chicks to be shipped -- I will even ship you the shipping containers. My incubator is so haunted, it aint even funny and after hundreds of dollars wasted on hatching eggs (seriously, for cheap barn yard eggs, we have 100% hatch rate, for eggs we hatch ourselves that we have to watch so we know our hatch rate, yet we don't really need the chicks to hatch 100% hatch rate, for eggs we WANT to hatch... pretty much 0%... dead serious and no joke LOL if we didn't have bad luck, we'd have no luck!). Actually the house is haunted, every incubator we've had has become haunted within time -- i.e. spiking temperatures if we don't check every few hours!!! LOL!

I have about $150 maybe $200 to spend shipped and all and would like at least 25 chicks for about $150 shipped at least on the Pumpkin Hulsey; I haven't looked up Penedescenca.

Let me know what you've got!

Hi are you still have some of your hulseys if you do let me know asap i want to have some of this old breed Thank You --------Enrique

Back
Top Bottom