Wanted: Exotic Ducklings!!!

Sparkypatriot15

Songster
7 Years
Jul 13, 2012
Hello all! I have recently decided to begin a small flock of exotic ducks. I have done research, and my favorite breeds include Mandarin, Merganser, American wood, Ring Teal, or Cayuga. I do have experience raising ducks- I have had 4 ducks in the past- two pekins, a mallard, and a French Rouen. I have a large coop/aviary that I used for my old flock of chickens, duck, and quail. It is about 14-18 feet long, 5-6 feet wide, and 5-6 feet high. It's has a covered area of about 6x5x6 surrounded by brick, with a cement floor, and a large swinging Wooden gate. Inside the covered area we put hay or leaf bedding, a nesting box, a smaller wire coop, feeders, and waterers. In the uncovered part of the enclosure is a tree, bushes, and a small duck pond. I want to have a close bond with these ducks like I had with my last flock, and I want to breed them. If anyone has ducks or ducklings of these breeds, please reply or contact me! Thank you! Facts or tips on the breeds and which one to choose is also appreciated!

Hello all! I have recently decided to begin a small flock of exotic ducks. I have done research, and my favorite breeds include Mandarin, Merganser, American wood, Ring Teal, or Cayuga. I do have experience raising ducks- I have had 4 ducks in the past- two pekins, a mallard, and a French Rouen. I have a large coop/aviary that I used for my old flock of chickens, duck, and quail. It is about 14-18 feet long, 5-6 feet wide, and 5-6 feet high. It's has a covered area of about 6x5x6 surrounded by brick, with a cement floor, and a large swinging Wooden gate. Inside the covered area we put hay or leaf bedding, a nesting box, a smaller wire coop, feeders, and waterers. In the uncovered part of the enclosure is a tree, bushes, and a small duck pond. I want to have a close bond with these ducks like I had with my last flock, and I want to breed them. If anyone has ducks or ducklings of these breeds, please reply or contact me! Thank you! Facts or tips on the breeds and which one to choose is also appreciated!
you might do better asking your questions here.. https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/46/ornamental-fowl-swans-etc

Just wanted to clarify that the majority of those are different species. If you're looking for a duck you can bond to then I would not advise exotic fowl. They aren't going to be the "cuddly" birds that some domestic ducks are. They can be quite flighty. It's also going to be extremely hard to find someone that sells exotic ducklings. They are more fragile than domestic ducklings. If you're set on exotic fowl you might want to buy a juvenile pair this fall when temps cool down.

What about white crested ducks, you don't see them very often and when ever I take them out to the park people go crazy over them! They follow me around and loved to snuggle and watch tv with me in bed. They are in my eyes the best ducks to own!! I love my crested ducks with all my heart.

Back
Top Bottom