Wanted in Kansas- Chickens for us New Folks!

KsTornado11 - you know me by another screen name on another forum.
smile.png
I asked you a question about the banties when I first got them. Anyway, the BTW japs are in the same pen with the cochin and a very pretty OEG roo, so the chicks that are hatching are some looking pure and some pretty little spotty chickens. I am fascinated with how they are turning out. They are all so tiny. The oldest is about 6 weeks now and fully feathered and another bunch is hatching daily. No way to know what they will look like untill they start getting their feathers. I plan on separating the japs to their own pen. For 3 little hens, they are really creating a bunch of chicks........

Quote:
Sent ya a PM!
smile.png

I have a little BTW roo named Ping Pong,and also a black Jap hen named Josephina,,they are among the very few survivors(3) of my flock of over a hundred & twenty. I was going to order Jap chicks this spring,but never gotr around to it. Are you going to the Overbrook swap next weekend? I want to,but it is my son's 1st birthday,so I'm not sure if I will. Last time I went,I was lookin' for a few layers,& the prices were just too high for low-quality (IMHO) pullets!
roll.png
I did get some good deals on some Mallard & Rouen ducklings,however. Those 2 guys called "Oleo Acres" or something,they always have had good quality birds,and good prices as well,in my experiance. There is one dealer that's always there that I will NOT do buisiness with,however!!!
tongue.gif

Back
Top Bottom