WANTED Laying Hens (EE's, Wyndottes, Brahma's) in North MS

jenmckin

In the Brooder
11 Years
Apr 30, 2008
NW Mississippi
I am looking for hens that are just now laying age or that are around one year of age. I would prefer to have Easter Eggers, Wyndotte's, Brahma's, Maran's, or Buff Orpington's in any combination. I need around 8-10 hens and one rooster of the above breeds. Doesn't matter which to me.

I am having a REALLY hard time finding any hens at all around here (Memphis/N. MS area) so if you can help, it would be wonderful. I really don't want to start chicks. I would rather have hens. Thanks!

I have been there once with a friend. I thought I had always heard that you had to be careful buying at trade shows because the chickens that you find are always the culls? Maybe I'm wrong, it's just what I heard.

I know there is one man down there they call "Cowboy" that I know sells sickly animals.

We may have to go down there if I cannot find someone locally soon.

Thanks.

i live in Central Ms and we have people down here that you have to watch. i head about one guy sold another guy a reg. mini Chihuahua Puppy that got 40 pounds and didn't looklike one after he got big. if you was down here i might could hook you up with some one that has some nice RIR's or Buff Orpington's if he still has some. oh well good luck. you will find some.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom