Wanted - Mixed Fertile Eggs

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Mom2Munchkins, Mar 2, 2009.

1. Mom2Munchkins

Mom2Munchkins Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2009
    Upstate NY
    I am new here, and new to hatching. However, my kids decided this is something they really want to do this year, so we went out, bought the incubator, feeders, waterers, everything we need! Now we can't find eggs. [​IMG] I know we could buy the chicks at an auction for $1.50 each, but we were really hoping to hatch. So I wanted to see how much it would cost me to buy eggs on here? I'm new, but I'm sure to be an addict. I can feel it already. [​IMG] If anyone can help me out, please let me know. Thanks
    Heather

2. suenrob

suenrob Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 22, 2008
    Ft. Myers, FL
    Where do you live? You might try your local craigs list. Ours always has eggs for sale

3. Schultz

Schultz CluckN'Crow Farm

Aug 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2009
  4. hooksetz

hooksetz Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 10, 2009
    Tampa Bay
    It's the shipping that gets ya'. the eggs aren't generally that expensive, I just shipped to Kansa and it costed $13.00 for the shipping of a dozen eggs. Craigslist is probably your best bet. Good luck.

5. gabrielle1976

gabrielle1976 Overrun With Chickens

Feb 21, 2009
    Columbia river gorge
    Did you post where you are, maybe there are people here from BYC that live in the same area so you would only have to pay for eggs and not shipping .

6. Lund121671

Lund121671 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2009
    Wisconsin
    I have standard cochins, standard and bantam white faced black spanish, brown leghorn bantams, vorwerk bantams, salmon favorelle bantams and nankin bantams. I have had great fertility. I can mix and match and ship to you 25.00 per dozen or 2 dozen for 40.00 I ship extras. Plus shipping. I can't gaurantee hatch on shipped eggs, but I have had GREAT fertility so far this year. Email me at [email protected] or call 608-455-2318 we are in Wisconsin

7. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

8. newnanchic

newnanchic Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 3, 2008
    Newnan, Georgia
    I can send you some Rhode Island Red Eggs !! I only get $5.00 per dozen eggs but shipping would run $12.00 PM me if intrested .

9. Mom2Munchkins

Mom2Munchkins Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2009
    Upstate NY
    Sorry, I live in Upstate NY. I haven't found much of anything on Craigslist, I did post an ad that I was looking though.

10. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

I live in NY also, so the eggs wouldnt have to go far. ETA: If you are interested in the brahama eggs, I could do 6+ for $20 if you dont want 8+. I do send extras.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by